Leftover corn syrup!

tony556, Oct 4, 4:04am
I have half a jar of corn syrup leftover from making Marshmallow creme/fluff. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas as to what I could do with it.

odfrj, Oct 5, 1:03am
Make jo seagers fudge.Yum!

elliehen, Oct 5, 2:26am
"Jo's Fabulous Fudge

If you like a smooth creamy luxurious fudge, not at all sugary or hard, and one that is easy to cut into portions without crumbling, then this is the one. Definitely not part of a daily diet. Make for special occasions only!

Ingredients

2 x 400g cans sweetened condensed milk
2 cups firmly packed soft brown sugar
250 g butter
100 ml liquid glucose syrup
3 tablespoons golden syrup
400 g white 9 or milk or dark ) chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla

Method

Spray and line with non stick baking paper, a 20 x 30 cm, quite deep ( at least 4 cm ) tin, or two smaller tins.

Place all ingredients, except the chocolate and vanilla, in a large heavy based saucepan and stir over medium heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and boil gently until it becomes very thick and changes colour to a dark caramel brown paper shade - about 6 minutes, to the soft ball stage, 116 degrees on a sugar thermometer. Stir often to prevent catching on the bottom - I find a silicone spatula the best gadget to stir with. Remove from heat and stand until the bubbles subside. Stir in the chocolate and vanilla until melted and smooth.

Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Cool to room temperature ( about 3 hours ) then refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 weeks - if you're lucky!"

Copied and pasted from the Jo Seagar website- have not made it ;)