Cooking cheerios in the crock pot

stejam, Sep 10, 4:50am
How much water do you put in and how long do you cook them for! On low or high! I've heard this is the best way to ensure they don't burst.
Cheers

petal1955, Sep 10, 5:13am
I cook them in the microwave in a little bit of water in a dish cover and heat on medium for about 4 mins.they dont burst

jessie981, Sep 10, 5:14am
Sure it must be quicker to cook on stove top. Bring to boll then turn riight down & simmer.
Sorry can't help with Slow cooker method. Seems such a long method.

dippychik, Sep 10, 6:43am
Seems like an awfully long way around cooking something that is typically quite quick. I usually add them to water from the jug, bring them to almost a boil then turn off. Though I have been known (when i was driving tractors to ungodly o'clock) to fill up a thermos with hot water and add cherios. hours later you've still got something warm toeat

joybells2, Sep 10, 7:29am
yes just heat, they dont need cooking, just a few minutes.

stejam, Sep 11, 4:50am
How much water do you put in and how long do you cook them for! On low or high! I've heard this is the best way to ensure they don't burst.
Cheers

jessie981, Sep 11, 5:14am
Sure it must be quicker to cook on stove top. Bring to boll then turn riight down & simmer.
Sorry can't help with Slow cooker method. Seems such a long method.

dippychik, Sep 11, 6:43am
Seems like an awfully long way around cooking something that is typically quite quick. I usually add them to water from the jug, bring them to almost a boil then turn off. Though I have been known (when i was driving tractors to ungodly o'clock) to fill up a thermos with hot water and add cherios. hours later you've still got something warm toeat