Dinner for 1

pickles7, Sep 7, 2:18am

elliehen, Sep 7, 3:24am
Got to 2.08 minutes.noticed it was over SEVEN minutes long and gave up.especially when I saw the direction it was going!

I prefer my comedy slightly black ;)

pickles7, Sep 7, 3:33am
Didn't you get to the bit of scooping out the drippings from the bottom of the mic, to put over the spuds. That is "Nancy". I found one where Her kitchen was getting a clean, lol . I guess it truley takes all kinds.
Eccentric.

beaker59, Sep 7, 4:45am
Funny I thought thats what some of you ladies might be like :)

Do you have a straw hat with flowers on it Ellie

elliehen, Sep 7, 4:49am
Moi!I wear a New York Yoko Ono cap ;)

buzzy110, Sep 8, 11:23pm
I loved her straw hat. Just the sort of thing a city farmer should wear in the garden! I like gentle humour that doesn't make fun of others.

I hope you have a nice, wide brimmed straw hat beaker. You could give the flowers a miss though and put a garland of manly plastic carrots and cucumbers with apple leaves and toy tractors around the brim though.

beaker59, Sep 9, 12:01am
I wear an ancient leather hat found in a truck in outback Australia 15 yrs ago it is comfortable and the leather is waterproofed by oil which I replace occasionally I once retrieved it from the ocean at great risk to life and limb (full gybe in 45knots of wind well out off the coast of northland on my own).

My wife hates the hat so now I take it off in photos on the boat because she never comes on the boat she doesn't know I wear it the rest of the time :) She bought me a new Acubra which lives on the boat too it gets taken out for an occasional photo but otherwise never gets worn. Sometimes I wear a beanie for obvious reasons.

I remember my grandfathers hats he had 3 of them that looked identical and imaculate one for good, one for gardening or fishing, one for bowls he never went outside without a hat on his head. They lived on a hatstand in the porch.

elliehen, Sep 9, 12:06am
That kind of old favourite hat is usually naturally well-oiled around the hatband, beaker ;)

buzzy110, Sep 9, 1:55am
Ah yes. The problematical photographic hats! No one will ever be able to find a photo of dad or granddad in his favourite hat but everyone will be able to remember it anyway. They'll tell the story of you nearly losing your life just to rescue it from the ocean but without a photo it won't be the same. Get out that hat and camera and take 20 pictures of you in it.

I must say, as a boating person, I am fully impressed with your hat rescue scenario. One tiny mistake and things could have had a very different outcome. God. You didn't just lean over and scoop it out of the water whilst sailing by did you! I hope you had a gaff or a landing net or something equally as useful to hand and had tied yourself on to the boat.

Nah. I bet you were just thinking about getting your hat weren't you! Everything else would have been of secondary importance.

beaker59, Sep 9, 6:30am
Its not as bad as it sounds really a gybe isn't too bad when well reefed and its the standard man overboard drill I practice quite regularly then pick up while in irons with boathook heavier weather just means you roll a bit so have to be careful.

Guess mine is the last generation that remembers most men wearing hats when outside and a shirt and tie were std issue sort of dissapeared in the 60's didn't it. (I was a kid then)

buzzy110, Sep 9, 6:48am
Lol. Reminds me when we were young, and used to regularly visit the wild and untamed West Coast beach of Whatipu. It used to be as hot and as sticky as any Summer could turn on and, sure enough, there would always be some people there dressed in tweed skirt, petticoat, brogues, thick support hosiery, twinset and pearls for the lady and sports jacket,shirt, tie, leather shoes and well pressed trousers plus a hat for the man. These people must have been made of non-melting ice. We struggled about sweating in our teeny tiny swimming gear with loose, light tops on to keep off the sun and jandals because black sand is hideously hot.

elliehen, Sep 9, 7:54am
beaker & buzzy.you sound like two old geezers reminiscing in the RSA clubrooms ;)

Why not write down these nostalgic memories of times past for your grandchildren.