Help to use up Tinned Beetroot

tarshlove, Aug 31, 2:49am
I have about 6 large cans that I need to use up anyone have any ideas other than salads and burgers!

lindylambchops1, Aug 31, 3:33am
One of my fav sandwiches is cheese & beetroot.make me some.NOW!LOL

tarshlove, Aug 31, 3:49am
LOL sure thing. So just Normal cheese (sliced or grated!) with beetroot nothing else!

wildflower, Aug 31, 4:17am
NZWW had a recipe for beetroot chutney that sounded yum.

lindylambchops1, Aug 31, 9:10am
Just butter the bread thinly, slices of cheese then slices of beetroot.Can add other salad stuff.lettuce or tomato, Cuc or whatever.

Yum!

tarshlove, Aug 31, 7:47pm
Ill try it this PM for the kids lunches we usually do buns with ham and salad but I don't want to go out and buy heaps more stuff just for that.

ruby19, Aug 31, 8:20pm
If I make a cous cous salad with avo, tom, red onion, feta,etc, I add chopped beetroot. I too love cheese & beetroot sandwiches.Add it to your burgers. If the beetroot is whole try roasting it.

dairymaid, Aug 31, 9:38pm
Nice in winter tip tin liquird and all add a little water heat thicken with cornflour very nice with steak, chops, sauages.

cgvl, Aug 31, 11:41pm
I heat tinned beetroot up and use it as a vegetable, dont need to use all the liquid nor do I thicken it, just sliced beetroot hot.

marcs, Sep 1, 4:37am
blend it and add to chocolate cake mixture or chocolate muffin mixutre.

elliehen, Sep 1, 4:56am
You can always spoon it cold from the can for a snack :)

jan2242, Sep 1, 5:05am
Sweet & Sour Beetroot with Sausages
serves 4
4-6 sausages
1 x 425g tin beetroot
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sugar
1tbsp cornflour
1/4 tsp salt
pepper
2 tbsp vinegar
Cook sausages. Drain beetroot and keep the juice. Melt butter. Add cornflour, sugar, salt & pepper. Cook 1 minutes. Stir in the beetroot juice and vinegar. Boil, then add beetroot slices and simmer for 2 minutes. Serve with sausages.

ayglepaygle, Sep 1, 5:25am
Beetroot and cheese sandwiches - YUM!