Please - recommend me a hand mixer .

sarahb5, Aug 15, 2:58am
I think mine is dying - smells strange, gets quite warm and will only fully turn off at the wall.Its just a cheapy Cascade one but it does the job although with the major kitchen clear out and list I'm having maybe I can get a better one .

supercook, Aug 15, 3:31am
I have Breville seems real good really good power. Had Sunbeam before prefer Breville. Got it from Briscoes when they have sale only about $30.00.

sarahb5, Aug 15, 3:33am
Breville would be good - is it the stainless steel one!It would match my Breville Emporia jug and toaster that I just got!

deus701, Aug 15, 6:28am
I just got an Akai one from the warehouse, it was on special for $20. Normal price $35

alebix, Aug 15, 6:30am
Kenwood all the way.

My one has lasted me over 12 years. Cost about $50 back then and I would easily spend that much and more to replace it as its been fantastic.

elliehen, Aug 15, 6:47am
Whichever brand you decide to buy, I suggest taking it out of the packet beforehand and checking how heavy it is to hold and how easy it is to move through the speeds.I bought a Breville model recently because I like the brand, but it is very heavy and is awkward to switch on and off with one hand (I like to leave the other hand free for a spatula).

sam284, Aug 15, 7:18am
Ohhh this is an interesting thread.I went hand mixer hunting and couldnt believe the bad quality around.have had the breville one but not keen on getting another, the sunbeam felt quite heavy and was pricey.The chefmate looked and felt "cheap" and they were about the only brands I could find.even Noel Leeming only had one or 2 brands in stock.what is the Akai one like deus! I couldnt find a kenwood hand mixer anywhere I looked.

sarahb5, Aug 15, 9:06am
I've had my Cascade one from the Warehouse for about 15 years so it has done great service and would've been pretty cheap when I bought it.Don't Sunbeam do one that can be on a stand or in your hand!Might see if I can find that one but will definitely check for comfort first

kinna54, Aug 15, 10:38am
Great point elliehen. I am also on the search for a new one and with my old hands need something very light. I had a disaster with mine. saying no more on here, but it will never be the same again. neither was I nearly!

sarahb5, Aug 15, 11:16am
My son nearly blew mine up trying to scrape the beaters with a spoon before he turned it off - better than him trying to lick them I suppose!

deus701, Aug 15, 11:34am
I have only used the hand mixer for 2 recipes, and I never used a hand mixer before. Only whisking by hand or bench mixers. I just weighed it. pretty heavy at 756g.

sarahb5, Aug 16, 2:58am
I think mine is dying - smells strange, gets quite warm and will only fully turn off at the wall.Its just a cheapy Cascade one but it does the job although with the major kitchen clear out and list I'm having maybe I can get a better one .

klc1, Aug 16, 6:18am
Had my Sunbeam for 13 years and still going strong.

sarahb5, Aug 16, 9:06am
I've had my Cascade one from the Warehouse for about 15 years so it has done great service and would've been pretty cheap when I bought it.Don't Sunbeam do one that can be on a stand or in your hand!Might see if I can find that one but will definitely check for comfort first

sarahb5, Aug 16, 11:24pm
Well here's hoping my pre-moving sales go well so that I can buy a new hand mixer otherwise there'll be no baking in next week's lunch boxes!

sarahb5, Aug 17, 11:24pm
Well here's hoping my pre-moving sales go well so that I can buy a new hand mixer otherwise there'll be no baking in next week's lunch boxes!