HELP my fish rows just exploded

beblowin, Aug 6, 6:38am
sausage size fish rows just fell apart in the frying pan, dusted them in flour and boom they fell apart, what method would you recommend to cook these, I have fried smaller ones up no problems but the bigger they are they tend to break up!

lindylambchops1, Aug 6, 6:58am
OMG!that happened to me once I cooked the fish roe in the microwave LMAOthey were everywhere, what a mess!I've never cooked it since.

sumstyle, Aug 6, 7:38am
Prick em to stop them expanding at such a quick rate.

beblowin, Aug 6, 7:49am
I did that but they split down were the prick marks were and opened up, next time I will put them in pasta tubes and bake them in a seafood broth.

gardie, Aug 6, 7:55am
Fish row is only fit for feeding to cats IMO. - I do remember my Nana though cooking them very slowly in butter in the frying pan.She used to slice them first.

beblowin, Aug 6, 8:26am
#5 my cats fussy im not haha

juliewn, Aug 6, 9:08am
Try frying them at a lower temperature. they're delicious smoked.

winnie15, Aug 6, 9:12am
roes

beblowin, Aug 6, 9:19am
got these rows form P/N/SAVE huge like sausages. Im a fisherman also and dont throw to much to waste, I have cooked these before with no problems, I think the pnsaverows were too cold and splt the skin! sounds logical!

beblowin, Aug 6, 9:20am
thanks winnie

indy95, Aug 7, 3:42am
Beblowin, I'm truly not making fun of your small spelling slipup, but the heading for this thread has kept me entertained all weekend. Every time I see it I get this amazing, slightly surreal image of line after line of fish all exploding at once ! Just in case anyone is wondering I have had absolutely nothing of an alcoholic nature to drink. Thank you, beblowin for giving me something to laugh about in the nicest possible way.

jbsouthland, Aug 7, 3:45am
makes me feel ill.fish eggs !

lx4000, Aug 7, 4:14am
just as good as catching popcorn using ya mouth only with hands tied behind ya back! Good party game! wahahahahaha

princess4, Aug 7, 6:01am
Hi. I leave my row on bench for an hour or so before frying in butter on a low heat, with a little garlic.To cold or to higher heat they will explode.Cheers

purplegoanna, Aug 7, 10:22pm
roll them in cooking paper and tie of the ends (like xmas crackers) then cook, then take out of wrappers and gently fry to brown.

bambi08, Aug 8, 3:35am
i just coat in flour salt and peps. and fry on a low heat in butter, aw now i want some! yum, gosh i would be so mad if i saw some1 give them 2 a cat!