Any yummy recipes to help chronic constipation!

Page 3 / 3
babytears, Aug 6, 8:49am
Meat and dairy may play a part in constipation.

I've been oing a bit of reaearch into this as my daughter has it sever! Is on lactulose, now on movicol, next step will be going into hospital to be flushed out.

So, a friend recommends reiki, we may go and do that. But I've just got a book from the library called Maori healing and herbs and the root of the flax bush is recommended. I'm looking into how to make a concoction out of it. I'll get back to you on how we get on - I've just gotten tired of shoving medicine down her throat. hasn't really worked so far

suzanna, Aug 6, 9:51am
Years ago it was suggested by my naturopath that I have the following first thing in the morning. It certainly worked for me and I still have it periodically as a 'spring clean'.
Add to a large glass warm water
2 dspn aloe vera
1 dspn chlorophyl
1 tsp olive oil
Briskly stir in heaped tspn psyllium husks
Not pleasant to drink but bearable and certainly worthwhile.

bedazzledjewels, Aug 6, 8:07pm
Get some good fat into your diet - taking organic coconut oil helps.
Or if that doesn't appeal, try kiwi crush.

bellasmoons, Aug 6, 10:23pm
well i had a barium xray 10 yrs ago! they said i had a sluggish bowel. but no one did allergy tests or anything like that. medicines do not work. babytears has she tried the rectal laxatives! only one that works on me. instantly fixed in 15 mins. but they r not a long term cure and are bad to use all the time which is y im not.
when i was heavily pregnant i was cured and went daily, sometimes twice daily. baby came.kiwi crush helped at first but now im back to square 1 except worse because it never used to hurt like this.
i have weetbix for breaky, banana and toast for lunch, meals usually are meat and veg or sometimes pasta or rice. healthy dinner meals. i try to have 5 veges a day usually tho sometimes would do something different like bacon and egg pie, takeaways.
i do love chocolate and can eat a packet of tim tams or whatever in one sitting lol but im not overweight or anything.

thanks for the bran muffin recipe. im too fussy to touch prunes lol they just look ick. i also hate yoghurt.

i have not gone one day of my life okay apart from when i was heavily pregnant. im so gutted it came back :( i liked being normal

ksr, Aug 6, 11:30pm
I have used kiwicrush, benefibre, and alpine tea (alpine tea is great!) and as a last resort lactulose from the doctor.Don't forget to drink plenty of water too :)

popelka1, Aug 7, 1:15am
I'm like several of you and have tried everything there is available, both over the counter or via the Dr, also the more fruit, veges grain thing but I just block up even more, sometimes previous to my lifesaving juice I could go a full week with NOTHING happening, but I've found a glass of prune juice with hot water every morning works a treat, wouldn't be without it!

jag5, Aug 7, 7:52pm
Go to your local Health Shop.ours does up their own mixture which they call Poo Brew .it is blardy brilliant.it is all the natural bits and pieces, Pysillium, (got a brain clog at the moment) all that sort of natural stuff.I swear by it.

If your local doesn't do anything, ring Hardys Health Shop in New Plymouth, and ask them send you some.