Diabetic salad dressing

Page 2 / 2
toadfish, Aug 6, 5:51am
http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/sauces_dressings/saucesanddressingsindex.htm

I went googling and a lot of these low fat dressings seems to be low sugar as well. I don't know much about diabetes. so not sure how fruit is for you but have a look. some of them look really nice

smf6661, Aug 6, 10:56am
Has any one got a good recipe that doesnt have sugar or any fat content in it as im looking forward to having salad's again but I have to have dressing.Does any one have any good meal idea's as well as I hate watching my husband having really nice meal's & mine are yuk.

babytears, Aug 6, 7:50pm
Have you tried 'Jok' diabetic dressings and sauces, I'm pretty sure you can get them from New World!

toadfish, Aug 6, 8:13pm
At a guess. SMF661 doesn't want fat either, her choice.

Have you tried some of the flavoured vinegars, I had a Raspberry Vinegar from delmaines that was nice sprinkled over a salad, as is a nice Balsamic vinegar.

bedazzledjewels, Aug 6, 8:31pm
It seemed she might think that fat has an influence on blood sugars, which it doesn't. If her request for low fat is because of something else unrelated to diabetes then that's fine but it might help if she said so!

toadfish, Aug 6, 10:55pm
I read her request differently.I thought she just simply wanted a recipe for fat & sugar free dressing. I personally didn't see it as a request for a health debate about her reasons.

bedazzledjewels, Aug 6, 11:08pm
Lol Toady! If she's after a fat/sugar free one, it's probably best if she buys one. And that's a good idea about the vinegars. Maybe she's looking for something creamier though! Come back OP!

davidt4, Aug 6, 11:13pm
Quark is almost fat-free and makes a lovely creamy salad dressing when thinned with lemon juice or wine vinegar.Add salt, pepper and fresh herbs.

I don't understand why a dressing suitable for a diabetic needs to be fat-freethough.

smf6661, Aug 7, 12:07am
Im not allowed fat because of another drug that Im on that is why I asked for no fat content as well.thank's to those that gave me some receipes to try out.

knowsley, Aug 7, 12:22am
It's getting a bit sad that someone has to explain the reasons they don't want a low/no fat recipe or product.

toadfish, Aug 7, 5:51am
http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/sauces_dressings/saucesanddressingsindex.htm

I went googling and a lot of these low fat dressings seems to be low sugar as well. I don't know much about diabetes. so not sure how fruit is for you but have a look. some of them look really nice