Has anyone else had a problem with the Edmonds

chris160179, Aug 1, 6:05am
Chocolate Self-Saucing pudding recipe?Have just made up the "sponge" mix, and it's more like a dough, than what I would expect.I've made a few different self-saucing pudding's before, and i'm sure the mix is usually more liquidy.

Should I add milk?Help!!!

craftylady1, Aug 1, 6:31am
I made this the other night...very nom nom and very easy!!
http://www.nzfavouriterecipe.co.nz/recipes/desserts/65-chocolate-self-saucing-pudding
The secret is to not to make it until just before u serve it as if u make ahead of time and leave it, the sauce is soaked up into the pudding

ange164, Aug 1, 8:03am
It's much too late for you now, but M2CW is yep, go with your gut - if you thought it needed milk - add it.

stasi21, Aug 1, 8:59pm
I have tried making the Edmonds Cook book version a couple of times now and it has never turned out right. Last time i made the microwave version instead and it turned out delish!

chasing, Aug 2, 2:45am
I made it last night and it's wasn't as good as the one my daughterfound and has tried in her greatgrand mothers recipes.That one is to die for.I can post on here if you would like it?

trading_gibsons, Aug 2, 2:49am
I only use my eighties Edmonds Cookbook, as I've come a cropper with several recipes in the new one

fishheadsoup, Aug 2, 2:56am
that would be great chasing have trouble with mine would love to try

kinna54, Aug 2, 7:03am
Yes I have noticed a lot of variations between the new and old Edmonds books. Mine is 1976, but have a new one as well. Made Neenish tarts to the new recipe the other day; the filling was like water, I went back and adjusted it to the old recipe. If anyone ever wants recipes I am happy to post. For choc self saucing pud, there is an easy tupperware recipe that I am happy to post if required.

wron, Aug 2, 10:13am
Yes please kinna!

kinna54, Aug 2, 11:58pm
Tupperware recipe choc self saucing pudding:
1 cup flour
2 desertspoons cocoa
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar pinch salt 50gms melted butter
1 egg and 1/2 cup milk lightly shaken together in a large tupperware tumbler or just lightly beaten together).

Put all ingredients into a bowl (if using tupperware just seal and burp and shake the bowl up and down or side to side to mix) and mix to combine.
Pour into a pyrex bowl.
Sprinkle the top with 1/2 cup sugar (you can use a mix of brown and white sugar if desired) and 2 desertspoons cocoa combined together, and pour 2 cups of hot water all over the mixture. bake at 180deg C for 35-40mins.

rachbabe, Aug 3, 3:16am
That would be awesome if you could post the recipe here. Thanks in advance :)

chasing, Aug 3, 3:28am
This recipe would be at least 65 years old.It is from my daughter's greatgrand mother's recipes who we never meet.
"Chocolate Fudge Pudding"
Pudding
1 Cup (170g) Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Cup (125g) Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1/2 Cup (150mls) Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
2 Tablespoons (40g) Melted Butter
Sauce
3/4 Cup (125g) Brown Sugar
1/8 Cup (60g) Cocoa
1 3/4 Cups (375mls) Hot Water

Sift flour,baking powder,salt,sugar & cocoa together.Add milk,vanilla and melted butter mixing until smooth.Pour into ovenware dish.
Now mix brown sugar,cocoa & hot water together for the topping and pour over pudding.Bake in moderate oven for about 55 minutes.
This pudding comes out surrounded by a rich fudge sauce.

Please Note DON'T fanbake as it comes out dry

ENJOY I would love to know what you thik of it.