Edmonds Cookbook - Banana cake

Page 1 / 2
mahairy, Feb 8, 11:11am
I prefer a cream cheese icing with grated chic on top! Mmmmmm

otterhound, Feb 8, 7:02pm
I simply sift the required amount of icing sugar, then use as much lemon juice as necessary to make it into the desired consistency to spread on the cake=)

kinna54, Feb 9, 3:50am
Edmonds recipe is definitely the one I swear by. made it for years and years. Tip. use extra bananas. the recipe says 2-3 from memory I think. Iuse 3- 4 (depending on size, def 4 if using bobby bananas) often straight from the freezer. and definitely the lemon icing.
Also err on the side of under cookingrather than over. I often remove the cakefrom the oven still slightly moist in the centre.

lodgelocum, Feb 9, 6:08am
and to not overmix!

muppet65, Apr 6, 1:18am
Would anyone be so kind as to this recipe - I do not have a Edmonds Cookbook and a friend told me it was the best banana cake recipe..thanks in advance

245sam, Apr 6, 1:21am
Edmond's Banana Cake
125g butter
175g sugar
2 eggs
2 mashed bananas
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp boiling milk
1 tsp baking powder
225g flour

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, bananas, then baking soda dissolved in boiling milk. Lastly add flour and baking powder, previously mixed.
Bake in 2 greased sandwich tins at 180°C for 20 minutes.
Fill with whipped cream and sliced bananas.:-))

muppet65, Apr 6, 1:22am
oh wow ...your wonderful thank you very very much

martine5, Apr 6, 2:30am
And if you want another way to dress it up, cut up a chunky size chocolate bar, melt it slowly and carefully either in the microwave or on top of a double boiler and add a pottle of sour cream (light sour cream works too) stir and ice your loaf with it - yum

keirra, Apr 6, 2:41am
to make something different too, substitute the bananaswith kiwi fruitor fejoas. Makesa lovely cake and is just that bit different to Bananacake.

muppet65, Apr 6, 3:24am
yum thanks so much everyone..

adnelg, Apr 6, 8:44am
And the secret for a good moist soft banana cake is rotten bananas.

muppet65, Apr 6, 9:11am
yum tried this and it worked well..thanks again

otterhound, Apr 6, 9:57am
The absolute best icing for banana cake is lemon icing, made with proper lemons.=)

headin2aussie, Apr 6, 10:19am
Wow, that sounds really interesting - how many kiwifruit or fejoas would you use for a single mixture please?

wheelz, Apr 6, 9:36pm
The same amount as 2 mashed bananas would give you.

muppet65, Apr 7, 1:18am
Would anyone be so kind as to this recipe - I do not have a Edmonds Cookbook and a friend told me it was the best banana cake recipe.thanks in advance

245sam, Apr 7, 1:21am
Edmond's Banana Cake
125g butter
175g sugar
2 eggs
2 mashed bananas
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp boiling milk
1 tsp baking powder
225g flour

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, bananas, then baking soda dissolved in boiling milk. Lastly add flour and baking powder, previously mixed.
Bake in 2 greased sandwich tins at 180°C for 20 minutes.
Fill with whipped cream and sliced bananas.:-))

muppet65, Apr 7, 1:22am
oh wow .your wonderful thank you very very much

keirra, Apr 7, 2:16am
If they are very ripe i only use 2 as mixture will be too wet ....you will judge it.Fejoasi use 3.Cake can be heatedupand served as pudding also.I do a tray in the muffintins and deep freeze them. Lovely with a bit of ice cream or custard.oh yum...might have to make some tonight now.

muppet65, Apr 7, 3:24am
yum thanks so much everyone.

kinna54, Apr 7, 5:16am
I make the Edmonds recipe all the time and always use extra bananas often from the freezer, and yes it's still the best recipe around! Amen to the lemon icing! never use anything else on mine. Enjoy!

actiongirl1, Apr 7, 9:08am
Hi, i make up this recipe all the time..by doubling the mixture and making into loaves (2), takes a wee bit longer to cook, but lower the cooking temperature. Happy Baking

muppet65, Apr 7, 9:11am
yum tried this and it worked well.thanks again

muppet65, Apr 7, 10:36pm
sounds nice, would you mind sharing it here?

keirra, Apr 8, 2:16am
If they are very ripe i only use 2 as mixture will be too wet .you will judge it.Fejoasi use 3.Cake can be heatedupand served as pudding also.I do a tray in the muffintins and deep freeze them. Lovely with a bit of ice cream or custard.oh yum.might have to make some tonight now.