good old fashioned steamed pudding recipes.. .

Page 2 / 7
rrrg, Jun 26, 4:02am
I made it too I made the gingerbread pudd last night too - a great hit with all

wron, Jun 27, 11:26am
And again Up

jenna68, Jun 27, 9:03pm
Bumping for me to copy some ;o)

juliewn, Jun 29, 4:16pm
Bumping for Holdenfanz . .

juliewn, Jun 29, 4:24pm
This is one of our favourite recipes - with variations included: Grease your pudding bowl well, and place your choice of the following in the bottom - 3 tablespoons golden syrup, 1/2 cup chopped dates, 1/2 cup of any other dried fruit, 1 cup of drained canned or preserved fruit - peaches, pears, apricots. . 3 tablespoons of your favourite jam, 3 tablespoons of cooked apple, 1 cup of finely sliced apples, peaches, plums, persimmons, etc. . Place some water in a large pot - till it's about 1/3rd full. Lid on, and heat till boiling.

juliewn, Jun 29, 4:25pm
When ready, carefully lift the bowl out, remove the lid and place a plate face-down over the pudding and holding the bowl with the plate, carefully and quickly turn them over, so the pudding will go onto the plate. If you've used golden syrup or jam, the topping may run down the sides a little. Serve with icecream, custard, cream, whipped cream or milk. . and enjoy. .

juliewn, Jun 29, 4:26pm
Other variations. . add some ground ginger, cinnamon and/or mixed spiceto the flour before sieving. Add some walnuts or other nuts to the batter, or to the topping, add some cocoa and/or some chocolate chips to the mix. . use some lemon honey for the topping, add the zest and juice of a lemon or an orange to the mix, add 2 tablespoons of marmalade to the mix, etc. . etc. . Use the basic recipe and make any variation you can think of. . Maple Syrup would be nice for the topping too. .

jenna68, Jul 3, 1:21am
Hi julie, that sounds nice, have . . copied that all down, hope you girls are well? Tracey xx

nickyd, Jul 3, 5:05am
Bump for the bad weather ahead!

snapit, Jul 5, 2:58am
I need this one any one else looking

wron, Jul 9, 5:00am
Saving as on last page And the weather's cold!

jenna68, Jul 11, 10:03pm
And again. . :o)-

245sam, Jul 12, 5:10am
bumped for michelle. tuma :-))

245sam, Jul 14, 7:29am
bumped for rrrg :-))

wron, Jul 15, 10:11am
Keeping alive! for these cool nights!

wron, Jul 16, 10:59am
Was on last page bump

juliewn, Jul 21, 3:57pm
For great recipes. . Bumping. .

wron, Jul 26, 5:17am
8 degrees and dropping! Just what the Dr ordered!

tinyted, Jul 27, 1:12am
Bumping ... ... for later so I can find a good pudd for tea.

rrrg, Jul 31, 9:55am
bump dont want to loose - any more recipes please

sissybel, Aug 2, 11:35pm
Bread Bag! ! ! Are you referring to your ordinary plastic 'bread bag' that bread comes out of. I use oven bags popped in a tin. But if bread bags work I'll definitely give it a go. Thank you.

fruitluva2, Aug 3, 10:17am
& again for whoever couldn't find

sissybel, Aug 3, 11:05pm
janeygirl26 I made your steam pudding in a plastic bread bag and it worked really well. I adjusted the quantities of the recipe and short changed myself in the amount of sugar and golden syrup as it wasn't as sweet as I would have liked it but otherwise just great thanks for the tip and recipe.

rrrg, Aug 4, 7:51am
any more tasty little additions any more please

jenna68, Aug 9, 6:47pm
Bumping. . .