Maggi stock powder

Page 1 / 2
babytears, Jul 24, 5:12am
Don't they do garlic stock stock anymore? And what's happened to the chicken stock, it tastes absolutely awful, really fake flavour! I'm so dissapointed

karenz, Jul 24, 5:17am
I don't think there are any decent stock powders, Knorr is possibly less toxic tasting than Maggi but only just.

blondebabe1, Jul 24, 5:49am
x1
I buy Continental, even bypassed Maggi at Countdown and went to New World for Cont, buy it every time,, I'm glad I bypassed Maggi then and often Maggi products have a lot of sugar in them..

nauru, Jul 24, 6:00am
I usually try to make my own stocks but if pushed I use Vegeta stock powder, they do both Chicken and Vegetable.

babytears, Jul 24, 6:49am
Thanks all... I will try something different, I'll never go back to Maggi stock!

sally174, Jul 24, 6:54am
Try MASSELLS stock powder it's excellent. I agree Maggi is dreadful for flavour but have thoroughly enjoyed MASSELLS products. Not full of additives etc either. From a lot of outlets. I get mine either from the Health Food Shop or Binn Inn generall but have seen it in many places. Chicken, Beef and Vegetable.

kiwiscrapper1, Jul 24, 6:59am
They are fake..even though Alison Holst uses them I am surprised, campbells or real from newworld is much nicer and less salt with no artifitial after-taste

gojojo2, Jul 24, 8:22am
I'm missing the 'tubes' of stock powder as I find the tubs harden up after a while. The 'tubes/sticks' were great but obviously a five minute wonder

stells3, Jul 24, 8:47am
Try Oxo cubes. Their Beef stock is excellent and I see they also do chicken and a vegie one.But when ever possible I make my own.Do it when time is available and freeze till needed.

elliehen, Jul 24, 8:50am
From New World supermarket, but you have to look for it - the packets are small.

Massel Ultracube stock cubes (Vegetable), made in Australia - has an Aussie flag top left on the pack and is:
Natural (flavour profile is obtained solely from natural, vegetable ingredients)
No preservatives
Gluten free
Lactose free
Trans fat free
Cholesterol free
No animal content
No added MSG

Contains 10 cubes, makes 5 litres and is very flavoursome

Edited to add:Massel makes Beef, Chicken etc too

klc1, Jul 24, 9:59am
I thought the chicken stock powder had a funny smell to it.Think I will try a different brand next time.

lindylambchops1, Jul 24, 10:11am
I love Vegeta!

babytears, Jul 24, 10:11am
EXCELLENT - I'll try that next time - thank you!

ferita, Jul 24, 10:14am
Vegeta is nearly all MSG

purplegoanna, Jul 25, 12:31am
yip i only eva use oxo cubes... the chicken ones mixed up with salt and sprinkled over hot chips is yummy.

esther-anne, Jul 25, 12:53am
Me too-'been there, done that' with most of the others mentioned and I still return to my oxo cubes.

I find the Campbells Real Stock - chicken and vege I have tried - far too salty - I'm not a great fan of salt and I can always add some if needed but it's hardremoving it !!Oxo have just the right taste - for my taste anyway!!!

Edited - spelling errors!

kandi_gurl, Aug 13, 2:05am
Why is magi now stock powder and seasoning its horrible, why is it not just stock powder, their web site even says stock powder not stock and seasoning only. Ahhhhhh

firemansgirl, Aug 13, 2:11am
It's a shame that they've mucked about with it - Maggi always used to be one of those trusted brands - why did they feel the need to change it! Apart from the obvious - $$$.

crested, Aug 13, 8:42am
Definitely the OXO cubes, and BISTO. used both years.Maggi has changed its contents and also its prices. .so have gone back to the tried and trusted.

kob, Aug 13, 6:49pm
have you emailed maggi, if enough people let them know they may put the stock back to how it should be, let them know your boucouting it

maynard9, Aug 13, 8:56pm
A friend recommended Massells and I wouldn't use anything else now if I haven't any homemade available.Several things I have made recently and the only difference in the recipe has been the addition of Massels and the family have asked what I have done different to my usual recipe.

ruby19, Aug 13, 9:29pm
Vegata has brought out a msg free vegetable stock powder.

tipsy_bl0nde, Aug 13, 10:13pm
vegeta has a gourmet stock which is the vegetable one. I use vegeta for everything on roast potatoes i just spray a bit of oil and toss in some vegeta. Really makes the dish imo.

daleaway, Aug 14, 12:33am
x1
Does anyone still make bacon stock powder!

dalek1, Aug 14, 12:36am
You can get it at Binn Inn :-)