Best rice pudding ever

Page 2 / 2
laneyjan, Jul 7, 9:36am
Hi margyr,We had the yummiest rice pudding I've ever made in 43 years of marriage, for tea tonight, thanks to youJust like my Mum used to make but she never told me how. Mind you I suppose I never asked!
Thanks a million

margyr, Jul 7, 7:52pm
Pleased you enjoyed it laneyjan! But dont be like an Aunty of mine, her husband used to come home for lunch each day and one day he commented how nice the rice pudding was so she made it every day for the next 25 or so years! Haha on the odd occassion we were there at lunch time it was a yummy pudding, but everyday!

bev00, Jul 8, 9:36am
lots to try

biggles45, Jul 8, 7:25pm
If you make it with milk (no cream), leave it in the oven till you are ready to serve it, so it is super hot. When you are ready to serve it add a couple of scoops of icecream and stir to melt it. Makes it extra creamy.

hokispca, Jul 8, 10:09pm
My Japanese student was horrified when i told her Kiwis often don't wash their rice before cooking. I always do now. Do you need to wash rice before making rice pudding!

davidt4, Jul 8, 10:25pm
White rice is almost always coated with talc, and talc has been associated with stomach cancer in Japan.I always wash rice.

theboss17, Jul 9, 12:32am
do u think u could make rice pud with those 2min rice pkts just that they were cheap so i got some and that pud sounds nice

daleaway, Jul 9, 12:42am
My granny used to make a classic rice pudding like margyr's - her tricks were to beat an egg (or two) into the milk before adding it, and to sprinkle the top with a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Long, very slow oven cooking so that the egg does not curdle, but instead thickens to a custardy sauce. No stirring.

nzbadger, Jul 9, 1:03am
Me too. I ate it, but wouldn't doit again. :-)

lindylambchops1, Jul 9, 4:48am
I made that earlier this week.it was delicious!Kids don't usually care for rice pud, but this one they loved.