Scone day today.

gardie, Jun 19, 1:41am
Just felt like scones today so made cheese and tomato scones and date scones.For the cheese and tomato I just pat out the scone dough, skirt a good tomato sauce on top then spread it out and cover in grated cheese.I then cut them but don't pull them apart before baking.They were very nice 'buttered' with light cream cheese.Date scones were nice with my homemade guava jelly. (first attempt but great success).

fifie, Jun 19, 1:48am
Yum Gardie sounds lovely for a cold day, well donefor your first attempt can't beat nice fresh scones eh! love date and orange ones to.

books4nz, Jun 19, 7:40am
Yumm.. what time did you say supper is???

gardie, Jun 19, 8:11am
Re read my post (whoops) - my first attempt for the guava jelly.I'm a scone maker from way back - the most popular item in our coffee shop almost 20 years ago now.Like the sound of date and orange - will need to give that a go.

gardie, Jun 20, 1:41am
Just felt like scones today so made cheese and tomato scones and date scones.For the cheese and tomato I just pat out the scone dough, skirt a good tomato sauce on top then spread it out and cover in grated cheese.I then cut them but don't pull them apart before baking.They were very nice 'buttered' with light cream cheese.Date scones were nice with my homemade guava jelly. (first attempt but great success).

fifie, Jun 20, 1:48am
Yum Gardie sounds lovely for a cold day, well donefor your first attempt can't beat nice fresh scones eh! love date and orange ones to.

books4nz, Jun 20, 7:40am
Yumm. what time did you say supper is!

gardie, Jun 20, 8:11am
Re read my post (whoops) - my first attempt for the guava jelly.I'm a scone maker from way back - the most popular item in our coffee shop almost 20 years ago now.Like the sound of date and orange - will need to give that a go.