Mongolian BBQ

wynyard, Jun 27, 2:54am
I always thought that Gengys Mongolian BBQ was the Mongolian BBQ, but on Sky last night on Nat Geo? a real bbq was done in Mongolia where they cut up a goat into small pieces and placed the meat, herbs etc and some red hot fist sized pebbles into the goats skin and sewed it up tight that no steam escaped,so it was a pressure cooker and threw it on to the fire, until all the hair had burned off and the skin went nice and tight. Then they carefully opend it and everything was cooked inside and the Mongolian family sat down and enjoyed it. So who is game to try the method here?

beaker59, Jun 27, 2:57am
I also saw that very interesting sort of inside out BBQ think I'll pass though the Mongolians have so much more to offer with Quisine like thier cheeses, or steamed goats heads.

jed, Jun 27, 4:58am
Went to Gengys and didn't think much of it.Thought it a tad expensive to be selecting and cooking your own food.Would prefer to be waited on and to be able to enjoy the company of our own party.Great place to take kids though.

beaker59, Jun 27, 3:46pm
Gengy's is for a certain type of crowd we sometimes have family gatherings there as with 6 kids many married and with grandkids etc etc its so convienient each time you get up you have to sit down in a different seat so everyone gets to talk to everyone eventually. I like the food its fun to try different things :)

wheelz, Jun 28, 6:03am
our gengy's has a 'D' rating...so haven't been for years. Was sad to see it quickly go downhill.