Roasting...brussel sprouts???...

minn1, Jun 3, 5:29am
Have just got some veg in roasting with rosemary etc, and am wondering if I can throw some brusselsprouts in with them ? Hubby not been keen on them, me niether to be fair,but have just got him keen by slicing and wok cooking with onions,garlic and soy sauce and almonds etc...and dont want to blow it now by serving something that throws him (us) back to screwing up our faces lol. Anyone tried giving them a roast???

rainrain1, Jun 3, 5:51am
Give it a go and report back to recipes........

beaker59, Jun 3, 5:52am
Haven't tried it but if I did I would consider wrapping in tinfoil with butter then putting in for last 3/4 hour but will intensify flavour if they're not your thing this won't help.

minn1, Jun 3, 6:31pm
I didnt in the end. Was going to toss them in for the last wee while,but decided against it. The idea of wrapping them in tinfoil is good...I DID have visions of them possibly schrivelling up into goodness-knows-whats!!!l lol-, but then,doing that would have been like cooking them seperately.I was hoping forwonderful little things,all firm yet cooked,and having gleefully tossed themselves in the 'nummy bits' of the other veg,and the rosemary etc. But chickened out....book,book,book,book....-
!.

margyr, Jun 3, 6:49pm
You should of felt the fear and done it!! I did last year chucked them in for about 10-15mins, yummy.

kiwibubbles, Jun 3, 10:02pm
if neither of of you are keen on them why buy them? lol