Best way to make pork cracking

dallyfeline, Jan 1, 7:57pm
DO u use a oven dish with lid off entire cooking of pork and where do u place it in the oven

gardie, Jan 1, 9:01pm
The best way - oven at hotest for 20-30 mins then down till pork cooked.Do not salt meat until just before going into oven so salt doesn't break down (high humidity makes this happen quite quick - have a look at your salt shaker!).No vinegar - and definately no microwave!Just oil and salt.

dallyfeline, Jan 2, 7:36pm
THANK u Gardie now i await tonight the best crackling ever

ams7, Jan 3, 12:20am
I use malt vinegar and salt and roast as normal.

chrisynz, May 27, 9:03pm
have a huge peice of pork that i wanna to cook for tea, we all love pork crackling but i can never seen to get it right . how do i get that nice crackle on it please

t.gypsy, May 27, 9:10pm
where's the L ;)

jbsouthland, May 27, 9:10pm
Room temp...dry skin with paper towel...cut skin...salt heaps and oil ...rub in well.... extra hot oven then when starts crackling turn down tempto cook Pork normal temp.You may need to cover once crackled with tin foil or even remove from meat....read on here that White Vinegar rubbed on after been in Hot oven 20 mins or so also works well....

chrisynz, May 27, 9:20pm
i ate the L for breakfast ;0)

luvwine, May 27, 9:34pm
Put in oven on high 230 for the first 30minutes then turn down for rest of time. Has worked perfectly every time since I started this method

t.gypsy, May 27, 11:52pm
mmm woulda thought you might of saved it for lunch..

lythande1, May 28, 2:56am
Cut it off the meat. Put it on a rack above your dish and cook it that way. No oil, it hates moisture which is why it normally doesn't crisp up and taking it off the meat is a sure fire guaranteed way to remove all moisture from it.

mousely2, May 28, 4:38am
I just wack it under the Griller till it bubbles up..

clair4, May 28, 6:13am
I have been told that it is best done in the microwave.Have not tried it as yet, but a butcher told me.A plate suitable to hold the heat (corning ware) is probably what you need and cover.

n00dle, May 28, 6:23am
Score it prior to cooking and rub with salt.Then once the meat is cooked, cut it off the meat and grill it under high heat for 5 minutes or so, while the meat rests.

danjoboys, May 28, 6:33am
I cut skin off, score and rub with oil and sat. Place back on top of the remaining pork and throw in oven at 180 deg C for however long the meat needs to be cooked. Always works :)

kinna54, May 28, 6:37am
totally agree with your method. Perfect every time.*Gordon Ramsay and Jo Seagar both use that method, that's where I first saw it.Should also be well scored in thin lines, buttered and salted before cooking. by now you are probalby eating it, enjoy!!

les6, May 28, 9:25am
I take it off the meat and spread on a wire rack.,put the heat up and watch it like a hawk!So unhealthy but so nice!

suie1, May 28, 9:35am
Master Chef, watch it on demand.

jbsouthland, May 28, 9:10pm
Room temp.dry skin with paper towel.cut skin.salt heaps and oil .rub in well. extra hot oven then when starts crackling turn down tempto cook Pork normal temp.You may need to cover once crackled with tin foil or even remove from meat.read on here that White Vinegar rubbed on after been in Hot oven 20 mins or so also works well.

chrisynz, May 28, 9:20pm
i ate the L for breakfast ;0)

lythande1, May 29, 2:56am
Cut it off the meat. Put it on a rack above your dish and cook it that way. No oil, it hates moisture which is why it normally doesn't crisp up and taking it off the meat is a sure fire guaranteed way to remove all moisture from it.

mousely2, May 29, 4:38am
I just wack it under the Griller till it bubbles up.

kinna54, May 29, 6:37am
totally agree with your method. Perfect every time.*Gordon Ramsay and Jo Seagar both use that method, that's where I first saw it.Should also be well scored in thin lines, buttered and salted before cooking. by now you are probalby eating it, enjoy!