Pork and coriander dumplings

biddy6, Jul 5, 10:47am
I made these for dinner tonight using a recipe from a recent Fword programme, and ended up with a huge amount of them! ! I have par cooked the surplus in water, cooled them and now have them free flowing in the freezer.

What I want to know is, will they be ok deep fried when I next want them? We didn't think they had much flavour cooked in water.

cookessentials, Jul 5, 10:52am
I guess so, but you could do them in a sauce instead which will help add some flavour to them.

goldgurl, Jul 5, 11:43am
they'll be fine, steamed or deep fried. I make chinese dumplings in bulk and freeze them uncooked. Mmm... YUMMY!

timetable, Jul 5, 9:39pm
recipe please! ! !

cookessentials, Jul 5, 9:48pm
yes, they sound very tasty. I love coriander.

uli, Jul 5, 7:10am
So how did they do after being frozen? let us know!

biddy6, Jul 5, 10:47am
I made these for dinner tonight using a recipe from a recent Fword programme, and ended up with a huge amount of them!!I have par cooked the surplus in water, cooled them and now have them free flowing in the freezer.

What I want to know is, will they be ok deep fried when I next want them?We didn't think they had much flavour cooked in water.

cookessentials, Jul 5, 10:52am
I guess so, but you could do them in a sauce instead which will help add some flavour to them.

goldgurl, Jul 5, 11:43am
they'll be fine, steamed or deep fried.I make chinese dumplings in bulk and freeze them uncooked.Mmm...YUMMY!

timetable, Jul 5, 9:39pm
recipe please!!!

cookessentials, Jul 5, 9:48pm
yes, they sound very tasty. I love coriander.

spongeypud, Jul 6, 4:37am
Reheat them in chicken stock with spring onions and soy sauce added (maybe a dash of sesame oil). I love making Chinese dumplings as well, they can fill a hole easily, great if you just fancy a Chinese soup, but I'm sure they'll go down well deep fried as well.