Crockpot desserts

Page 1 / 2
angel404, Jan 18, 6:57am
Im after this as well please :)

asue, Jan 18, 9:00am
I've made any steam pudding recipe in crock pot; just put water in the bottom of crockpot and my steamer bowl in with mixture and turned on low for 6-8hrs. Also any dessert recipe that requires a water bath and just left for the day.Lemon pudding/rice pudding. Pastry wouldn't be very good tho.

tehenga288, Jan 18, 9:45am
Rice pudding is yummm in the crockpot

zappi, Jan 19, 12:06am
purpleangel11 and angel404. The recipe I used is on my laptop which I cant get going at the moment till I get another battery.As soon as I get one I will list the recipe.Otherwise the alison Holst one in the crockpot book looks a good one also.

fleurshelley, Jan 19, 12:02pm
Anybody got the recipe for a nice choc self saucing pudd!

tramore, May 25, 5:13am
Does anyone have any recipes other than rice or self saucing chocolate pudding desserts for a crock pot please?

lindylambchops1, May 25, 5:32am
Cook a mixture of dried fruits for example prunes, apricots, sultanas, dates I add sliced fresh apples cover with water & crockpot away!Serve with custard.Makes a nice change for breakfast too on cold mornings.Enjoy!

245sam, May 25, 7:00am
tramore, the crockpot is great for cooking fruit compotes such as the one posted by lindylambchops1 and/or this one.....

CROCKPOT TAMARILLO AND APPLE COMPOTE
As Joan Bishop says in her book “Excellent served with muesli for breakfast, or as a pudding with cream or icecream.”
4-5 tamarillos (350g)
4 medium apples (500g)
1/2 cup sugar,
1/2 cup boiling water (I personally think this amount of water is only necessary if you are wanting a good quantity of syrup e.g. for over cereal)

Pre-heat the crockpot on high for 20 minutes. Skin the tamarillos by plunging them into boiling water for 2 minutes and then peel. Slice the tamarillos. Peel, core and slice the apples. Place the fruit in the crockpot and stir gently, so that the tamarillos and apples are well mixed together. Sprinkle with sugar and pour the boiling water over them. Cover with lid, turn control to low/auto and cook for 4-5 hours or on high for 2 hours.
Serves 4-6.

It's also great for cooking steamed puddings with no need to worry about the water evaporating before the pudding is cooked, and here's another self-saucing pudding that you may like to try - an orange one this time that's a variation on the .....

"Magical Orange Cake
1 whole orange, washed and processed to a pulp, 125gr melted butter, 1 cup sugar 2 med-lge eggs, 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour. YES, ITS AS EASY AS IT LOOKS! If you have a food processor, just throw everything in together and mix till all combined. Now, I don't have a FP so I did it the old-fashioned way (LOL) Mix together the melted butter and sugar, add egg then orange pulp. Stir to combine then fold in sifted SR flour. Pour into lined loaf tin and bake at 180C for approx 35-40 mins or ready when tested with skewer. I doubled this recipe - it made a lovely ring tin cake which I iced with orange icing and also a loaf which I left plain. Such an economical recipe! Couldn't believe how yummy such a simple recipe could be. Both the converted and magical cake
Self Saucing Orange Pudding.
Turn crockpot on high and spray a small inner bowl which I sit inside the big bowl with non stick spray.Make orange cake up put in the inner bowl. Wash and pulp with skin on 1 orange OR tangelo, in a whizz add 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 cup boiling water mix well then carefully pour over cake mixture. Cover basin with tin foil to keep moisture off,place in crockpot lid on cook on high 3 to 4 hours. To serve sprinkle with icing sugar serve with icecream or whipped cream.Makes nice pudding with a creamy sauce on the bottom."
Magical Orange Cake and pudding variation posted by fifie.:-))

tramore, May 25, 7:02am
Both sound lovely, thanks.Any more?

kay141, May 25, 7:15am
I haven't tried, as there is only me but wouldn't a crockpot be good for any steamed pudding recipe?

lissy73, May 25, 7:27am
I do a sago recipe

tramore, May 25, 7:05pm
So would any steam type pudding do OK in the crockpot?What about pastry type puddings e.g apple shortcake / pie?

tipsy_bl0nde, May 25, 7:41pm
theres the crockpot self saucing pudding if you search on the left its fantastic i use the recipe all the time

245sam, May 25, 8:15pm
tramore, yes, any steam type pudding should do OK in the crockpot,but I wouldn't expect "pastry type puddings" to be ok/cook well in the crockpot as pastry needs a dry environment to cook in otherwise the result would be soggy pastry.
Crockpots/slowcookers are ideal for anything that requires a moist cooking environment as the liquid does not evaporate but a point to remember though is that lifting the lid of the c'pot/slowcooker loses the heat within to the extent that the overall cooking time should be extended by approximately ½ hour for each time the lid is lifted.

Hope that helps.:-))

tania007, May 25, 8:53pm
porridge in the crockpot put on low night before is yummy to wake up to the smell, have also apple sponge pudding in crockpot.

norse_westie, May 25, 9:25pm
Rice pudding also.
Hot fruit salad: chopped whole pineapple and whatever other fruit you choose. Drop a cinnamon stick in and a splash of red wine. Lovely with vanilla creme.

nzhel, May 26, 12:03am
Baked Apples.
Use crisp eating apples as they aren't so likely to collapse while cooking.
6 medium apples
6 dates
¾ cup raisins
¾ cup orange or apple juice
3 Tablesps firmly packed brown sugar
¼ teasp ground nutmeg
¼ teasp ground cinnamon

Core apples and remove the skin from the top third of the apples, then push a date in the base of each. Add raisins and pack firmly.
Arrange the apples in the cooker, they can be stacked on each other if necessary. Scatter any remaining raisins around the apples.
Mix together the brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples.
Cover than cook for 6-7 hours on low in a crockpot or 5-6 hours in a slow cooker.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

This is a Joan Bishop recipe which I haven’t tried, tho I had a similar recipe that came with my 30 year old crockpot and it was delicious with ice cream.

tramore, May 26, 5:13am
Does anyone have any recipes other than rice or self saucing chocolate pudding desserts for a crock pot please!

245sam, May 26, 7:00am
tramore, the crockpot is great for cooking fruit compotes such as the one posted by lindylambchops1 and/or this one.

CROCKPOT TAMARILLO AND APPLE COMPOTE
As Joan Bishop says in her book “Excellent served with muesli for breakfast, or as a pudding with cream or icecream.”
4-5 tamarillos (350g)
4 medium apples (500g)
½ cup sugar,
½ cup boiling water (I personally think this amount of water is only necessary if you are wanting a good quantity of syrup e.g. for over cereal)

Pre-heat the crockpot on high for 20 minutes. Skin the tamarillos by plunging them into boiling water for 2 minutes and then peel. Slice the tamarillos. Peel, core and slice the apples. Place the fruit in the crockpot and stir gently, so that the tamarillos and apples are well mixed together. Sprinkle with sugar and pour the boiling water over them. Cover with lid, turn control to low/auto and cook for 4-5 hours or on high for 2 hours.
Serves 4-6.

It's also great for cooking steamed puddings with no need to worry about the water evaporating before the pudding is cooked, and here's another self-saucing pudding that you may like to try - an orange one this time that's a variation on the .

"Magical Orange Cake
1 whole orange, washed and processed to a pulp, 125gr melted butter, 1 cup sugar 2 med-lge eggs, 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour. YES, ITS AS EASY AS IT LOOKS! If you have a food processor, just throw everything in together and mix till all combined. Now, I don't have a FP so I did it the old-fashioned way (LOL) Mix together the melted butter and sugar, add egg then orange pulp. Stir to combine then fold in sifted SR flour. Pour into lined loaf tin and bake at 180C for approx 35-40 mins or ready when tested with skewer. I doubled this recipe - it made a lovely ring tin cake which I iced with orange icing and also a loaf which I left plain. Such an economical recipe! Couldn't believe how yummy such a simple recipe could be. Both the converted and magical cake
Self Saucing Orange Pudding.
Turn crockpot on high and spray a small inner bowl which I sit inside the big bowl with non stick spray.Make orange cake up put in the inner bowl. Wash and pulp with skin on 1 orange OR tangelo, in a whizz add 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 cup boiling water mix well then carefully pour over cake mixture. Cover basin with tin foil to keep moisture off,place in crockpot lid on cook on high 3 to 4 hours. To serve sprinkle with icing sugar serve with icecream or whipped cream.Makes nice pudding with a creamy sauce on the bottom."
Magical Orange Cake and pudding variation posted by fifie.:-))

tramore, May 26, 7:02am
Both sound lovely, thanks.Any more!

kay141, May 26, 7:15am
I haven't tried, as there is only me but wouldn't a crockpot be good for any steamed pudding recipe!

tramore, May 26, 7:05pm
So would any steam type pudding do OK in the crockpot!What about pastry type puddings e.g apple shortcake / pie!

245sam, May 26, 8:15pm
tramore, yes, any steam type pudding should do OK in the crockpot,but I wouldn't expect "pastry type puddings" to be ok/cook well in the crockpot as pastry needs a dry environment to cook in otherwise the result would be soggy pastry.
Crockpots/slowcookers are ideal for anything that requires a moist cooking environment as the liquid does not evaporate but a point to remember though is that lifting the lid of the c'pot/slowcooker loses the heat within to the extent that the overall cooking time should be extended by approximately ½ hour for each time the lid is lifted.

Hope that helps.:-))

zappi, May 26, 9:08pm
I agree with the christmas pudding.its the only way to go now.So lovely and moist and easy.

nzhel, May 27, 12:03am
Baked Apples.
Use crisp eating apples as they aren't so likely to collapse while cooking.
6 medium apples
6 dates
¾ cup raisins
¾ cup orange or apple juice
3 Tablesps firmly packed brown sugar
¼ teasp ground nutmeg
¼ teasp ground cinnamon

Core apples and remove the skin from the top third of the apples, then push a date in the base of each. Add raisins and pack firmly.
Arrange the apples in the cooker, they can be stacked on each other if necessary. Scatter any remaining raisins around the apples.
Mix together the brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon and sprinkle over the apples.
Cover than cook for 6-7 hours on low in a crockpot or 5-6 hours in a slow cooker.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

This is a Joan Bishop recipe which I haven’t tried, tho I had a similar recipe that came with my 30 year old crockpot and it was delicious with ice cream.