Very Low Fat & No Sugar Desserts

happymum1, Nov 9, 3:02am
im watching what i eat and would like some desserts that i can eat thanks

rosathemad, Nov 9, 3:25am
You can make "ice-cream" by putting frozen bananas in the food processor. Smoothies are also good - a bit of yoghurt and fruit.

I usually prefer having very small portions of very rich desserts when I'm trying to shed the kilos, but that's not everyone's cup of tea I know. :-)

frances1266, Nov 9, 3:25am
You could use stevia instead of sugar.Fruit salad made with a stevia syrup, rice pudding using stevia and a low fat milk sub.Do you want cold desserts or a hot pudding style one,

gardie, Nov 9, 4:31pm
Weight watchers jelly - much nicer than standard jelly.

elliehen, Nov 9, 9:37pm
If you don't object to artificial sweeteners, make a Weightwatchers jelly with just one cup of water and then stir in one cup of low fat yoghurt.Pour into tall glasses to set.

elliehen, Nov 9, 9:41pm
Peel a banana, cut in half, put a popsicle stick in the cut end and freeze.Tastes like icecream when it's frozen and is like an icecream on a stick.Before freezing it, you can roll it in lemon juice and chopped nuts too.

ribzuba, Nov 9, 10:22pm

uli, Nov 10, 8:13am
I watch what I eat too - and I eat strawberries and cream in the moment - or blueberries with yoghurt last night - I have the odd banana with chocolate sauce - but I guess all this is neither low fat nor low sugar - as it all has some carbs.
What sort of desserts were you thinking about? Maybe something with flour and artificial sweetener would fill your sweet tooth better?

prendy1, Nov 10, 8:21am
No added sugar: fruit and nut truffles. Whiz together equal amounts of dried fuit (dates, sultanas, apricots or a combination) and any combination of nuts with a handful of rolled oats and a tsp of cocoa if you want a chocolate hit. Roll balls in coconut like truffles. These of course have lots of fruit sugar and are quite high in energy, but are nutritious and I'm sure far better for you than biscuits or ice-cream! Also, one small truffle is enough to fill you up.

elliehen, Nov 10, 9:33pm
Not just a guess....a FACT!And not what the poster asked for.

uli, Nov 10, 9:37pm
prendy1 - I am glad you posted: "no added sugar" - as that recipe has so much fructose and glucose plus added carbs from the oats and some carbs from the nuts that it is just a sugar bomb really ... as all the carbs turn into sugar in the body in no time flat once you start chewing ... If you'd use cheese instead of the dried fruit you would have more than halved the sugar spike already.

uli, Nov 10, 9:38pm
Hehe - out in form again ellie - let us see some sweet and "Very Low Fat & No Sugar Desserts" desserts then - I can't think of any myself to be honest.

valentino, Nov 10, 10:01pm
Desserts to me is a sweet of some sort....

and the only thing that one could think of is to stay natural like fresh fruit uncooked with low-fat ice cream, yoghurts.

Some of these imitation sweeteners can be more harmful than the real deal.

Perhaps to cut down on sugars a little would be the first and main start to cut back such items if one needs to...... start training your taste buds to accept lower sugar content in such desserts.

Just like the butter versus margarine, natural versus plastic (minus an item or two).... best to lighten or reduce amount of the butter.

Ultimately, it is better to eat less than to change completely....

Just trying to be helpful.

Cheers.

elliehen, Nov 10, 10:14pm
"To be honest"...why are you here then?Of course, to "educate" the person who asked the question.

I answered the question at post #5.

elliehen, Jul 27, 4:02am
And here's an example of an honest and helpful answer.