How do i make roast spuds crisp

falcon33, May 14, 4:34am
how can i make roast spuds nice and crisp. not soft

tylavaughansmum, May 14, 4:44am
This is how i do mine.Part cook them in a pot of water then drain off the water then with the lid on give them a shake in the pot to rough up the outside then chuck in and roast them.They come up nice and crispy.I roast mine in either olive or grapeseed oil though as I dont use dripping.

falcon33, May 14, 4:45am
will do that thanks.i dont use dripping either as i find its yuk.

tylavaughansmum, May 14, 4:47am
I also do kumara the same,have tried with pumpkin but that mushes up too much.

kiwibubbles, May 14, 5:14am
do you have fan bake? i find that does the best roast veggies without having to boil them up first.

ned03, May 14, 5:16am
I use Prenzel rosemary oil and that works a treat dont have to part boil them either,

ned03, May 14, 5:17am
if you not sure where to buy it I sell it

no1heather, May 14, 5:18am
I do mine one of two ways, I par boil them and then shake them in a mixture of cumin, flour and chilli flakes and roast them in oil that has been preheated (generally olive oil).When I am in a hurry I par cook them in the microwave.The second method I use is to pat dry peeled potatoes and then shake them in a bag of seasoned flour and cook them as above in preheated oven and oil.I fan bake at approx 220 initially and then reduce the heat.

kiwibubbles, May 14, 5:19am
yes #8 reminds me that you really need to make sure all the veges are quite dry before attempting to roast them

lythande1, May 14, 8:02pm
Keep moisture off them. Use a bit of oil or fat - whatever preference and cook at a reasonably high temperature until golden and crispy.

jarrod261, May 14, 9:13pm
I've never par boiled them.
I just put them in the oven same time as the meat goes in.Just make sure the spuds are covered in oil and some salt.

kiwibubbles, May 15, 5:14am
do you have fan bake! i find that does the best roast veggies without having to boil them up first.

jarrod261, May 15, 9:13pm
I've never par boiled them.
I just put them in the oven same time as the meat goes in.Just make sure the spuds are covered in oil and some salt.