Hi Ladies... I need THE BEST EVER BIRTHDAY RECIPE

melissaliam, May 10, 11:29pm
It is my very special husbands Birthday this Monday and I am planning the best ever cake to take to a vineyard for us all to enjoy with wine.
Any ideas and recipes would be grateful

Thanks so much

tipsy_bl0nde, May 10, 11:44pm
Watties Caramel peach cake

250G UNSALTED BUTTER SOFTENED
1/3 CUP BROWN SUGAR
825G TINNED PEACH HALVES IN NATURAL JUICE
1 CUP CASTER SUGAR
3 TSP FINELY GRATED LEMON ZEST
3 EGGS LIGHTLY BEATEN
2 1/2 CUPS SELF RAISING FLOUR
250G PLAIN YOGHURT

PREHEAT OVEN TO 180'C

GREASE CAKE TIN AND LINE THE BASE WITH BAKING PAPER

MELT 50G BUTTER AND POUR ON BASE OF THE TIN, EVENLY SPRINKLE BROWN SUGAR ON TOP.

DRAIN PEACHES WELL RESERVING ABOUT 1 TBSP LIQUID. ARRANGE THE PEACH HALVES CUT SIDE UP OVER THE SUGAR.

BEAT THE CASTER SUGAR, LEMON ZEST AND REMAINING BUTTER WITH ELECTRIC BEATER FOR 5-6 MINS UNTIL PALE AND CREAMY. ADD THE EGG GRADUALLY , BEATING WELL AFTER EACH ADDITION.

USING A METAL SPOON FOLD IN THE FLOUR ALTERNATIVELY WITH THE YOGHURT ( IN 2 BATCHES )
THEN THE RESERVED PEACH LIQUID.

SPOON MIXTURE OVER THE PEACHES AND SMOOTH THE SURFACE.

BAKE FOR 1HOUR 25 MINUTES OR UNTIL SKEWER COMES OUT CLEAN WHEN INSERTED INTO THE CENTRE. COOL IN TIN FOR 30 MINS BEFORE TURNING OUT.

asue, May 11, 1:01am
Ring the vineyard and see if they can recommend a cake to compliment the wine you are having.

kinna54, May 11, 3:42am
How many people are you looking to supply for: Evorotorua's Chocolate yoghurt banana cake is awesome and can be made in a large springform pan, with some mix to spare, iced specially (its a good strong cake to ice). You can replace the bananas with other ingredients; I have used berries. Black forest cheescake is good as well. I have a good chocolate gateaux mix which is eggless, which is nice and solid for a gateaux. I also have somewhere? a recipe for Oakanagon cheesecake. Will have a look when I get a mo and post

shazzie10, May 11, 5:04am
Just a thought... do you know his favourite cake.I went to a lot of trouble of making a yummy chocolate mud cake for my new partners birthday last year (used icing with his favourite colour, etc, etc) but discovered months later that he HATED chocolate cake!Oooops!He apparently loved sponges and pavlova. This year, a store bought pav (because he likes them high) beautifully decorated by me!Make his favourite cake (if he has one), even if you folks don't like it!

rainrain1, May 11, 6:23am
Here's a Coffee Roll Recipe.... it's large, delicious and easy
Beat 5 egg whites stiffly and add 1 large breakfastcup of sugar and the 5 yolks. When creamy, add 1 large cup flour, 1/2 teasp baking powder and 2 Tblsp coffee essence. Cook on oven tray on baking paper. Roll up as soon as possible, When cool unroll and add filling.
Filling....cream all well together
4 Tblsp butter
2 Tblsp coffee essence
175gr icing sugar

babytears, May 11, 6:23am
Definitely the exquisite motueka carrot cake...search it here

maynard9, May 11, 8:41am
Another vote fot Motueka Carrot.Everytime I make it now I take copies of the recipes in my handbag as I ALWAYS get asked for the recipe.

ribzuba, May 11, 12:19pm
here is a link to a red wine and chocolate cake, its amazing! and will go great with wine if you are drinking red!
http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/2008/02/06/318808/chocolate-red-wine-cake-by-claire-clark.htm

melissaliam, May 11, 10:16pm
Thank you everyone

babytears, May 12, 3:02am
Would you mind putting your recipe up here... it takes a bit of searching to find the recipe and last time I looked I couldn't find what temp to set the oven at... thanks

kinna54, May 12, 3:42am
How many people are you looking to supply for: Evorotorua's Chocolate yoghurt banana cake is awesome and can be made in a large springform pan, with some mix to spare, iced specially (its a good strong cake to ice). You can replace the bananas with other ingredients; I have used berries. Black forest gateau is good as well. I have a good chocolate gateaux mix which is eggless, which is nice and solid for a gateaux. Maybe a grand Marnier gateaux.I also have somewhere! a recipe for Oakanagon cheesecake. Will have a look when I get a mo and post

shazzie10, May 12, 5:04am
Just a thought. do you know his favourite cake.I went to a lot of trouble of making a yummy chocolate mud cake for my new partners birthday last year (used icing with his favourite colour, etc, etc) but discovered months later that he HATED chocolate cake!Oooops!He apparently loved sponges and pavlova. This year, a store bought pav (because he likes them high) beautifully decorated by me!Make his favourite cake (if he has one), even if you folks don't like it!

rainrain1, May 12, 6:23am
Here's a Coffee Roll Recipe. it's large, delicious and easy
Beat 5 egg whites stiffly and add 1 large breakfastcup of sugar and the 5 yolks. When creamy, add 1 large cup flour, 1/2 teasp baking powder and 2 Tblsp coffee essence. Cook on oven tray on baking paper. Roll up as soon as possible, When cool unroll and add filling.
Filling.cream all well together
4 Tblsp butter
2 Tblsp coffee essence
175gr icing sugar

babytears, May 12, 6:23am
Definitely the exquisite motueka carrot cake.search it here

macwood2, May 12, 6:59am
ribzuba that Chocolate Red Wine Cake looks amazing - when you made it did you put the chocolate on the outside?What did you serve with it?Have you made it more than once?

babytears, May 13, 3:02am
Would you mind putting your recipe up here. it takes a bit of searching to find the recipe and last time I looked I couldn't find what temp to set the oven at. thanks

macwood2, May 13, 6:59am
ribzuba that Chocolate Red Wine Cake looks amazing - when you made it did you put the chocolate on the outside!What did you serve with it!Have you made it more than once!

babytears, May 13, 9:27am
bump for maynard

pickles7, May 13, 11:10am
Yes, wine and cake, a drizzle of balsamic ? with that. yummmmm

seniorbones, May 13, 12:10pm
The banana cake is a favourite here too, hubby loves banana but not chocolate so we both get to eat and enjoy it!!

ribzuba, May 13, 10:13pm
macwood-yes love chocolate on outside, i put on a valrhona 72% araguani, berry and plum notes, goes wonderfully with the cake, i just used squares of acetate to do it.i have made it a couple of times-my mother is a huge fan!i have not made it as a dessert though so just served it my itself although i think a glass of red wine would go down well with it :P!

pickles7, May 14, 11:10am
Yes, wine and cake, a drizzle of balsamic ! with that. yummmmm

seniorbones, May 14, 12:10pm
The banana cake is a favourite here too, hubby loves banana but not chocolate so we both get to eat and enjoy it!