Calling all low carbers - 1st birthday party!

Page 1 / 2
kirinesha, Mar 30, 7:29am
For all you low carbers and anyone else interested (paleo, no carb, Atkins etc) – we’re celebrating the first birthday of the “dark site” this weekend. It's hard to believe it's been a year already but 230 members and over 20,000 posts later and we're still going strong!

Starting from 7pm Friday 1st April and finishing 8pm Sunday 3rd there will be all sorts of competitions for the best recipes, pin-up gal (or guy) for the site, most helpful, most prolific poster etc. And we’ve got a selection of small prizes to hand out (well, to post out!) for category winners.

See you there!

elliehen, Mar 30, 7:44am
Happy Birthday!I'm an 'etc' who calls in to look for recipes now and again :)

bedazzledjewels, Mar 30, 5:47pm
Lovely to have you drop in Ellie.

ant_sonja, Mar 30, 7:17pm
Happy Birthday! Have looked in from time to time as well for recipes. Will be making the coconut milk yogurt this weekend :-)

kirinesha, Mar 30, 7:23pm
Any_sonja, do let me know the coconut yoghurt turns out for you? I'm making another batch this weekend too. Next week I want to try it in some Indian dishes.

ant_sonja, Mar 30, 7:28pm
Will do - I don't have a yogurt maker tho so hope my usual method in the hot water cupboard will do! I have made regular & Kefir yogurt in the past and never had any trouble so fingers x'd.

charlieb2, Mar 30, 7:39pm
Happy Birthday!!!!
Well done to you gals for setting up such a great place with loads of relevant info for Kiwis especially.

Now, if only you could take over running the country!! ;-)

kirinesha, Mar 30, 7:45pm
That's on the agenda for next year Charlie!

(thank for your kind wishes too!)

charlieb2, Mar 30, 7:47pm
*likes*

pixiegirl, Mar 30, 8:21pm
Happy Birthday to you guys - well done. You should be so proud of yourselves, an inspiration to all.Have a great weekend and no doubt a glass or two of wine to help celebrate!!

kirinesha, Mar 31, 7:29am
For all you low carbers and anyone else interested (paleo, no carb, Atkins etc) – we’re celebrating the first birthday of the “dark site” this weekend. It's hard to believe it's been a year already but 230 members and over 20,000 posts later and we're still going strong!

Starting from 7pm Friday 1st April and finishing 8pm Sunday 3rd there will be all sorts of competitions for the best recipes, pin-up gal (or guy) for the site, most helpful, most prolific poster etc. And we’ve got a selection of small prizes to hand out (well, to post out!) for category winners.

See you there!

elliehen, Mar 31, 7:44am
Happy Birthday!I'm an 'etc' who calls in to look for recipes now and again :)

fisher, Mar 31, 11:40am
Great stuff Kiri and Gals...congrats...
I'm in the same boat "sometime looker for dinner ideas"

kirinesha, Mar 31, 7:23pm
Any_sonja, do let me know the coconut yoghurt turns out for you! I'm making another batch this weekend too. Next week I want to try it in some Indian dishes.

ant_sonja, Mar 31, 7:28pm
Will do - I don't have a yogurt maker tho so hope my usual method in the hot water cupboard will do! I have made regular & Kefir yogurt in the past and never had any trouble so fingers x'd.

charlieb2, Mar 31, 7:39pm
Happy Birthday!
Well done to you gals for setting up such a great place with loads of relevant info for Kiwis especially.

Now, if only you could take over running the country! ;-)

kirinesha, Mar 31, 7:45pm
That's on the agenda for next year Charlie!

(thank for your kind wishes too!)

pixiegirl, Mar 31, 8:21pm
Happy Birthday to you guys - well done. You should be so proud of yourselves, an inspiration to all.Have a great weekend and no doubt a glass or two of wine to help celebrate!

bedazzledjewels, Apr 1, 4:06am
Just two hours to go - then the virtual bar will be open - and the fun will start. Lots of polls and laughs.

uli, Apr 1, 4:49am
Now I need to quickly cook dinner so I can be there too :)
The year has gone fast indeed.

kirinesha, Apr 1, 5:07am
Right, an hour to go - we've created sensible and silly polls, and we have some fun nominations and some serious ones. :)

See you there!

kirinesha, Apr 1, 6:20am
Party's started!

fisher, Apr 1, 11:40am
Great stuff Kiri and Gals.congrats.
I'm in the same boat "sometime looker for dinner ideas"

kirinesha, Apr 2, 6:07am
Right, an hour to go - we've created sensible and silly polls, and we have some fun nominations and some serious ones. :)

See you there!

kirinesha, Apr 2, 7:20am
Party's started!