Freeze able snack / party food??

manda75, Oct 16, 9:44pm
Anyone have any easy recipes for me?

Thanks

bob368, Nov 6, 10:39am
bump as I need ideas too

rosathemad, Nov 6, 10:43am
What for, specifically? Snack/party food is pretty broad.

I recently made tim tam truffles which last well in the freezer and are delicious - http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/10/tim-tam-truffles-and-candy-melts-winner.html

You can buy lots of party snacks already frozen - the traditional mince pies/sausage rolls, things like mini spring rolls and samosas. You could make blini or little pastry cases and freeze those and fill as you need them.

margyr, Nov 6, 6:53pm
those cheese rolls freeze well, sausage rolls mini pizza,

greerg, Nov 6, 10:59pm
My favourite easy trick for a dessert party snack is to have in the freezer some sweet short pastry cases ( can be bought if don't feel like making them), a jar of quite thick lemon honey (cooked a little longer than I would if I were just making it to spread on croissants or toast) and a container of very small piper meringues.It then takes a couple of minutes to assemble quite smart looking mini lemon meringue pies that people seem to think are a great deal more effort than they are.
Non-sweet freezable snacks include little chicken or other meat balls to serve with a chilli sauce, little lemon and herb fritters than you can top with smoked salmon and creme fraiche or some goats cheese and chives, etc..

juliewn, Jul 18, 12:12pm
That's a cool idea Greer, to use the meringues as topping over the lemon honey.. thanks for sharing :-)

I use lemon honey as a filling for lemon meringue pie too - gives a fabulous lemon flavour, and easy to spread a jar of it over the base..