21st party - fruit punch and any other help please

samboy, Nov 15, 4:18am
any recipes please for a non alcoholic punch for my son's 21st, there will be children there and I want them to have something that is a bit more partyish than fruit drink.Also any ideas on a cake design for the 21st and any other ideas anyone wants to give.We are having a family 21st for him as we have a huge extended family. (he is having a separate one with his mates) so all ideas will be helpful.Thanks everyone

duckmoon, Nov 15, 4:48am
this is the recipe I use

Rachel’s Punch
1 litre strong tea
1 cup sugar
1 or 2 cups cordial (lemon, lime or orange) - I use Roses Lime Cordial from the supermarket - put it in undiluted.
3 litres fruit juice (orange, grapefruit, pineapple)
Allow to cool.

3 litres lemonade
3 litres gingerale
TOTAL = 10 litres or 50 glasses

Make the tea, and after about 20 mins pour onto 1 cup sugar, and stir till sugar is dissolved. Add the cordial and fruit juices. Chill this mixture in two containers of equal amounts. When ready pour one container of mixture into punch bowl (or large mixing bowl) adding 1.5L of chilled lemonade and gingerale. Make up the second 'batch' when ready. You could make up the whole amount if you have a large enough bowl/bucket!

bisloy, Nov 15, 8:31am
Go to Pak'n'Save or New World, etc and ask them to make you a big cake. They do them regularly and can offer you a variety of flavours (neopolitain, choc, etc) and can do a trasfer of your choice for the top. That way you get a huge personalised cake that almost eveyone will eat. Enjoy the day

darlingmole, Nov 15, 8:45am
mulled apple is very niced (serve chilled with lemon)

samboy, Nov 15, 9:13pm
Hey thanks for that, I never knew that they did personalised cakes, so will see them today.

mike844, Aug 8, 2:46am
NW made my sons cake only cost $55 it was huge as well and decoratred with whipped cream and a touch of icing tasted good too