Do u have Jo Seagers Big Choc Birthday Cake Recipe

jed, Sep 9, 7:23am
I have misplaced my recipe book with this recipe in it.It is called 'Big Chocolate Birthday Cake' and it has sour cream in it.I would like to make this for my Birthday on Sunday.It's a Jo Seager recipe and I have looked on her site as well checked out threads on here.Please post if you have this recipe.TIA

eastie3, Sep 9, 7:52am
x3
For the cake
3c sugar
3c flour
3tsp b powder
3tsp b soda
3 eggs
1.5c sour cream
3/4c cocoa
1.5c strong coffee (can be instant)
2tsp vanilla essence

For the glaze
200g dark chocolate
50g butter
1TBS golden syrup

Oven @ 180C
Spray a 28-30cm springform tin with baking spray,and line the base with baking paper.
Place all the cake ingreds in food processor or large mixing bowl and mix well.
Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 70 -75 mins.
Cool on a wire rack.

Melt the dark chocolate,butter and golden syrup together and mix til smooth.Carefully level the top of the cake with a sharp knife,then spread with the chocolate glaze.

jed, Sep 9, 8:44am
Thank you so much eastie.

snapit, Sep 10, 1:50am
This is Julie Goodwins chocolate cake and it is rather nice. I used a 23cm square tin and that was much too small.
http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/food/7924693/mum-goodwins-chocolate-cake

poppy62, Sep 12, 7:45am
Hey Eastie,I made that chocolate cake - bloody awesome!We had it as a celebration cake tonight and it was absolutely moist and delicious - thanks so much!

angie, Mar 20, 10:54am
Now I'm looking for this recipe this morning in a hurry too..lost my Jo Seagar book the one where shes on the front in the bathtub! This recipe above is not quite the same..the Jo Seagar one has buttermilk, oil & coffee ..can anyone help as I need to make it today for my daughters birthday!!