Feijoa icecream...

korbo, May 1, 9:24am
would this work......???
2litre of plain icecream, let go soft.
Put pulp of feijoas in food processor, with some lemon juice, then just slowly pulp. then mix into or put the icecream in processor and mix up.
Rush Munroes feijoa icecream is yummy.
do you think this would work.

jody23, May 1, 9:45am
i cant see why not.might go a little brown but that shouldnt affect the taste

korbo, May 1, 7:44pm
wonder what else they out in their icecream to stop them going brown. other than the lemon juice. anyone know. thanks

susieq9, May 2, 1:12am
When I make feijoa ice cream, I cook the feijoas a little first. Mash with potato masher so you still have lumps of feijoa.When coldjust fold through the plain ice cream. Re freeze. Delicious.

missmalice, May 2, 2:10am
I made some yesterday:

Beat 4 eggs whites to peaks, add 1 cup caster sugar until gloss meringue
Add 4 egg yolks and mix
Stir in 300ml of whipped cream and 1 cup mashed Feijoa, blend then put in container and freeze :)

I mashed my feijoas but i think they'd work better if put in a blender or processor because the chunky bits freeze - still yummy though! :)

I served it with a warmed feijoa & banana bran muffin :p

ribzuba, May 2, 6:32am
melting and refreezing feijoas is a little dodgy...make it from scratch is safer.
melt sugar in cream, put in blender with feijoas, blend then freeze
Ingredients
600 grams feijoa
320 grams sugar
500 mL of heavy cream

korbo, May 2, 9:24am
would this work.!
2litre of plain icecream, let go soft.
Put pulp of feijoas in food processor, with some lemon juice, then just slowly pulp. then mix into or put the icecream in processor and mix up.
Rush Munroes feijoa icecream is yummy.
do you think this would work.

boarhunter5, May 2, 10:18am
I made this one a couple of days ago.... honestly, once you try this recipe - you wont ever want another store bought one :)
you can use any fruit pulp with this. I even used the passionfruit sauce that's usually poured over the icecream and it was divine!!! :)

missmalice, May 3, 2:10am
I made some yesterday:

Beat 4 eggs whites to peaks, add 1 cup caster sugar until gloss meringue
Add 4 egg yolks and mix
Stir in 300ml of whipped cream and 1 cup mashed Feijoa, blend then put in container and freeze :)

I mashed my feijoas but i think they'd work better if put in a blender or processor because the chunky bits freeze - still yummy though! :)

I served it with a warmed feijoa & banana bran muffin :p

ribzuba, May 3, 6:32am
melting and refreezing feijoas is a little dodgy.make it from scratch is safer.
melt sugar in cream, put in blender with feijoas, blend then freeze
Ingredients
600 grams feijoa
320 grams sugar
500 mL of heavy cream

boarhunter5, May 3, 10:18am
I made this one a couple of days ago. honestly, once you try this recipe - you wont ever want another store bought one :)
you can use any fruit pulp with this. I even used the passionfruit sauce that's usually poured over the icecream and it was divine! :)