Whats the best food processor

Page 1 / 2
hyborn, Aug 24, 2:51am
Hi all, Im in the market for a food processor and am wondering what peoples thoughts are on them.thanks

cookessentials, Aug 24, 3:36am
There are a number of brilliant ones available...I guess it depends on your budget.

lythande1, Aug 24, 3:45am
Hmm. Probably people will say the expensive "chef" ones but I did this recently with toasters, I wanted a proper toaster that does both sides the same, harder than you'd think. The best thing I found was to look up some "best" reviews, pick the best from that then go read all the USER reviews. Amazing what that bought up, gives you an idea of reliability too. I can only vouch for my 29 year old Ralta which is still going strong, it got knocked off a bench too about 17 years ago, required a bit of a repair to put it back together. And it still went perfectly, still does now.

wildflower, Aug 24, 4:28am
Kenwood is good. My dad bought my mum one about 35 years ago and I still use some of that and some of the new one I got, (depending on what I'm doing as they're both different.)

peaknuckle, Aug 24, 7:54am
New kenwoods are crap though. The one we brought from Briscoes for about $200 is only just over a year old and this is what happened... I was making shortbread and had the mixture in the processor when it got caught under the blade unknown to me. It built up in less than a min, forced the blade up and the top of the blade spun and melted the top lid. Now it is useless, blade cant hold onto anything in the lid as it has melted away. Not built for mixing at all!

wron, Aug 24, 8:34am
Mines a Breville professional, good solid machine, but I'd love a Magimix, French made - check out Consumer magazine at your local library for reviews.

bunny51, Aug 24, 9:21am
I have a kenwood and it is great, never had any problems with it. (It is the one with the siver base, not the white one) Can't remember how much it was though, and I got it on sale

cookessentials, Aug 24, 10:15am
Sadly, new Kenwoods are not the same as the older ones of 20-30 years old.

carbon_trader, Aug 24, 11:43am
Magimix....

I wouldnt use anything else.

Best on the market, thats why they come with a 12 year warranty

neil_di, Aug 24, 8:24pm
It depends on the model of kenwood. I have the Kenwood FP 920 series and itis really solid and capable ..reasonably expensive but worth it.Of course a magimix would be the dream but I'm happy with Kenwood.

hyborn, Aug 25, 5:47am
thanks guys still not sure but am thinking a migimix but will have to save up a bit longer i think for one of those!

chef1964, Aug 25, 6:02am
magimix are definitely the best available
or if you can really afford one a robocoupe would be excellent

anyway look for one with a "direct drive" motor ,
easiest way to tell if direct drive is those which have motor directly under the chopping bowl

cookessentials, Aug 25, 7:42am
Kitchenaid are also direct drive. 10 year warranty and three bowls in different sizes which is great.

http://www.petermcinnes.com.au/productinfo.php?id=97810&TL1=KitchenAid%20Retail

rss9, Aug 25, 7:56am
YES.... I can vouch for my 30yr plus Ralta..
Wouldn't be without it..........

duckmoon, Aug 25, 7:59am
I have just purchased a Kenwood (will find a link for you).
I went for one based on motor size...

duckmoon, Aug 25, 8:03am
http://www.briscoes.co.nz/media/11310312/br3161_21%20aug_8pg%20tab%20mailer_web.pdf

Bottom of page four...
rrp $299, on sale for $249... I got it when it was $199

kiwibubbles, Aug 26, 4:11am
yep def recommend a kenwood.. it was one of the few with a bigger bowl, and heaps of attachments.

wildflower, Aug 26, 4:33am
Our newer Kenwood is about 6 years old and I use it everyday, I do my protein shakes in it, bread dough etc.No problems at all.

hyborn, Aug 27, 2:19am
duckmoon what is the size motor on yours - have you tried it out with a few things to see how it goes?

luckyduck, Aug 27, 3:35am
Kenwoods good, I got mine through flybuys points

lythande1, Aug 27, 6:01am

katalin2, Aug 27, 6:32am
the above reviews are for the huge industrial model. I have a Magimix 3200 which is a good family size model- I would not be without it, use it almost daily. Review from the same site as above for the Magimix 3200 :

"This machine is everything i had hoped it would be and more, i read a write up on www.magimix.org and decided this was the machine i needed, this advice was spot on. The bowls are strong and easy to clean, the blades very sharp!! and the discs very Quick ! but most important to me it is quiet!!!!" this person gave it 5 stars out of 5.

cookessentials, Aug 27, 8:37am
I have only ever had customers return magimix blades and shredders as they have problems with them breaking regularly.

obviousas, Aug 27, 11:41am
Look for an old Kenwood. They used to be made in UK. We bought one 20 odd years ago from a garage sale. It weighs at least 5 kg. Used it today to make fish balls. Just put in hoki about 250 gms and done in 15 seconds. In went the 2nd lot of 250 gms. By the time the 4th lot went in, the fishmeat had invaded the tiny gaps and nooks

I just had the same problem.... the meat got trapped under the blade, also in the middle of the bowl and into the axle. Our Kenwood processor is between 30 to 40 years. They still have not fixed the problem!! We knew its limitations and was extremely careful not to over extend the weakness.

But I still say go for the old Kenwood, 30 years and more. The best $20 I ever spent.

My sister also has a Kenwood Chef. It cost a bomb to start with and you just add different functional options as when they came out or when you have saved enough. Although Chef was good, the attachments like the meat mincer was not rust proof. This was in the 60s and 70s. It looked like a mini Trojan horse.

klc1, Apr 25, 10:29am
I have the same model and it is wonderful.Use to have a Kenwood but the Magimix is far superior