Chicken in slow cooker Question?

tigga212, Apr 19, 9:02pm
i brought a slow cooker n plan on making apricot chicken for tea in it, do i have to turn the chicken half way?

harrislucinda, Apr 19, 9:39pm
nonotreally !butifyou feelyouwanttogo aheadevenin aovenidont

nfh1, Apr 19, 9:41pm
I never do - it always turns out fine.

jills3, Apr 20, 4:57am
so when you put chicken into slow cooker, go you just grease the bowl bottom or add water? thanks.

ladeda, Apr 20, 5:18am
To cook a whole chicken in crockpot, put chicken in crockpot and cook for a day. There is so much fat that leeches out of the chicken that I don't flavour it at all because I tip the fat off before eating the chicken.

Use skinless chicken if you are doing a flavoured chicken crockpot meal.

amie.mac, Apr 20, 6:02am
I chuck frozen a chicken in my slow cooker in the morning and by mid afternoon it isso tender it falls off the bones.When making chicken dishes in my crock pot I tend to brown the pieces in a pan before putting them in the crockpot, ginves them better colour and they don't look so anemic.

tigga212, Apr 20, 9:02pm
i brought a slow cooker n plan on making apricot chicken for tea in it, do i have to turn the chicken half way!

jills3, Apr 21, 4:57am
so when you put chicken into slow cooker, go you just grease the bowl bottom or add water! thanks.

ladeda, Apr 21, 5:18am
To cook a whole chicken in crockpot, put chicken in crockpot and cook for a day. There is so much fat that leeches out of the chicken that I don't flavour it at all because I tip the fat off before eating the chicken.

Use skinless chicken if you are doing a flavoured chicken crockpot meal.

amie.mac, Apr 21, 6:02am
I chuck frozen a chicken in my slow cooker in the morning and by mid afternoon it isso tender it falls off the bones.When making chicken dishes in my crock pot I tend to brown the pieces in a pan before putting them in the crockpot, ginves them better colour and they don't look so anemic.

peneve, Apr 22, 1:04am
Im with amie.mac I put frozen ones in too, except I am not so worried about them being anaemic & chuck anything in without freezing. - Just go for it and decide what suits you best.I am never home to turn food so it just ahs to survive on its own all day! It is always fine & gets lots of compliments.

macandrosie, Apr 22, 4:40am
And you certainly don't need too much liquid, you could reduce it to hlf inslow cooker.

herika, Apr 22, 6:00am
I put an up turned saucer in the bottom of the slow cooker under the chicken

nauru, Apr 23, 4:14am
I never use liquid when cooking a whole chicken and it comes out great every time.

macandrosie, Apr 23, 4:40am
And you certainly don't need too much liquid, you could reduce it to hlf inslow cooker.