Frozen cauliflower

sting9, Apr 6, 7:18pm
I know that you can freeze cauliflower but although I have googled for recipes using it frozen, other than soup, there are very few ideas.Anyone use frozen cauliflower with success

jessie981, Apr 6, 8:29pm
Vegetable bake, Quiches, Vegetable Fried Rice, Vegetable Lasagne, Casseroles

mumstu, Apr 6, 9:36pm
I have blanched and frozen it in the past and have steamed it from frozen to have with cheese sauce etc, just about do anything with it.

stormbaby, Apr 6, 9:38pm
Yup, you can blanch and freeze just about anything (bar lettuce!) with success. Nice if you cut it into florets, and use in stir fry off season. Its cheap enough during Winter though, I tend to stick to buying anything that is abundant, and freezing my Summer excess veges.

harrislucinda, Apr 6, 9:44pm
iuseminenowaspuree

nzl99, Apr 6, 9:56pm
Ohhhh that's a good idea!

bedazzledjewels, Apr 6, 10:14pm
Delicious cauli mash. Cook with some leek or pumpkin and then add some wholegrain mustard and butter and blitz with your stick blender.

lindylambchops1, Apr 6, 11:14pm
Cauli yesterday at the local Fruit & Veg place was priced at almost $4.00!

sting9, Apr 8, 12:07am
Thanks team.I have pureed with pumpkin and leek.Will add other ingredients once defrosted. Sounds lovely.

uli, Apr 8, 4:00am
Cauli, broccoli, cabbage are winter veges and very hard to grow over a hot long summer and they need lots of spraying in summer otherwise the customers complain about the caterpillars!

Eat the last summer veges now - beans and capsicum, tomatoes and eggplants, courgettes and cucumbers.

Brassicas, leeks and pumpkins you will get all winter!