Cauliflower Rice

pam.delilah, May 20, 1:57am
thank youto the low cal people for this great fantastic recipe.
Have just made some, sooo yummy.
So like couscous, so I added. green onion, red pepper, celery, lemon juice and will add some feta later.

So easy to make.

Cauliflower Rice

To make Cauliflower Rice you only need three pieces of equipment

- A food processor
- A microwave
- A covered (or fairly tightly coverable) microwave-safe dish

cauliflower (however much you want)

1) Process fresh cauliflower until it is the size of rice, either using the plain steel blade or the shredder blade. Alternatively, you can shred it with a hand-held grater, or even use a knife, if you have the dexterity to chop it up VERY finely.

2) Microwave it in a covered dish. for 4-5 mins DO NOT ADD WATER. Cauliflower absorbs water like crazy, and the "granules" will become gummy. To keep it fluffy, just let the moisture in the cauliflower do its work.

Add optional toppings and serve.

If you prefer not to microwave the cauliflower, you can steam it, or just throw it straight into your stir fry with the other vegetables and cook it.

Severaldifferent versions are on the low carb cooking website

http://www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz/index. php? option=com_content
&view=category&id=48&Itemid=63

crystalmoon, May 20, 2:02am
Hi Pam, I saw this on the LCC thread and thought it sounds great, must give it a go soon, Mmmmmmmmm. Adding cauliflower to shopping list now :)

maxwell.inc, May 20, 2:15am
All the versions are lovely :o) they are a staple here.

Also try this guys if you like the cauli rice - this is a fav here

http://www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz/index. php? option=com_content
&view=article&id=137:bacon-and-avocado-cauli-kedgere
e&catid=40:mains-pork&Itemid=58

earthangel4, May 20, 2:56am
I would like to try making it, but don, t have a food processer, could I use a grater or blender?

maxwell.inc, May 20, 3:08am
yup both work earth

Grater is messy but oh well

Blender - Just keep picking the whole thing up and shaking it to move the chunks around. and do it in batches. I've only got a mini processor that goes on the end of a stick blender so I do it in small batches and pour it into a bowl.

you can even hack it up with a good chefs knife.

earthangel4, May 22, 11:58am
Cool thanks Maxwell