Which slowcooker Brand do u recommend??

Page 1 / 2
tigga212, Apr 3, 12:46am
i really wanna get a slow cooker coming up to winter & have a growing family, is there any brand i should avoid & which brands are best?
Many thanx

tigga212, Apr 3, 12:48am
Have also listed in Parenting,

245sam, Apr 3, 1:12am
tigga212, we have a 20+ years old Sunbeam Crockpot which we received as a gift.It is still going well and when it has had its day, our thinking is that it would be replaced with another Sunbeam Crockpot.:-))

holly-rocks, Apr 3, 2:12am
Mums got a Sunbeam Crockpot and its 31 years old! Still going strong ( but super slow )

joybells2, Apr 3, 4:14am
I have a Breville oblong slow cooker which is really good, can fit heaps in it.It cooks in about half the time of a normal slow cooker tho, but everything is still lovely and tender. presume it is because it is bigger and the element is over a larger area, i think.

fisher, Apr 3, 4:16am
The old crock pots (sunbeams) did not really provide a lot of heat hence why folks thought they were slow... The newer ones provide greater heat for safety purposes to ensure they reach higher temperatures for the food ans eliminate bacteria...
Breville oval 6l is my pick...These can take lamb shanks and larger cuts of meats because of their shape..

muzza3, Apr 3, 4:19am
Had a Brevilleand a Sunbeam , still have the Sunbeam gave away the Breville because it cooked too quickly, I want to turn it on at 8am on low and open it at 5 or 8pm cooked .TheB was often cooked at 2 or 3pm way too early for me.

macandrosie, Apr 3, 6:11am
Russell Hobbs are reliable! I have 2. A 6 litre oval one & a 3 litre round one. The larger one is great for chickens.

fisher, Apr 3, 6:21am
eeeek I said Brevliie I have a Russel Hobbs....

jaky, Apr 3, 6:33am
love my george foreman 3.5L. had a breville before that & it was crap.

winnie15, Apr 3, 7:04am
i have a RHobbs oval .. cooks way faster than the orginal crock pots .. i love mine

seniorbones, Apr 3, 10:10am
I have the sunbeam but find everything tastes the same and has a funny taste, I would like to try another, my son has one so will ask if he will lend me his different brand but cant remember what it is

suzanna, Apr 3, 11:35am
muzza3 wrote:
Had a Brevilleand a Sunbeam , still have the Sunbeam gave away the Breville because it cooked too quickly, I want to turn it on at 8am on low and open it at 5 or 8pm cooked .TheB was often cooked at 2 or 3pm way too early for me.[/quote
I have given my Breville away and managed to find a sunbeam on TM for exactly the same reason. I had my last Ralta crockpot for 30 years and it owed me nothing!]

kstar21, Apr 3, 1:14pm
im young (26) i have young kids and have a oval breville s/c i love it some things do cook faster than others but mine has a 'keep warm' option so it comes in handy oval or oblong are the better, you can do cassarols and roasts in them

retired, Apr 3, 6:59pm
I have two a Medium Size Kenwood and a larger Breville.Both are good, both work exactly the same.

dex250, Apr 3, 7:09pm
I had the large family size silver with white crock pot breville brand. It was a big long rectangle size. The food would cook to fast & the white dish cracked with the heat about 2 months after buying it, so I wasn't impressed at all. Believe it or not, I have had a big round 5l cascade from the warehouse since then & its been fantastic. Had it about 3 years now & so far it hasn't let me down. If I was going to buy another flash one though, I would go with sunbeam or russell hobbs

tigga212, Apr 3, 10:18pm
i looked on the harvey norman website lastnight & saw they had Goldair brand for $74 which i thought wasn't to bad priced, was a 5Litre low/high heat setting and keep warm setting, Oval shape. with a 2year warranty,anyone know what goldair brand are like?

diachris, Apr 4, 6:59am
I had the same breville banquet cooker as dex250.Awesome rectangle shape, but white dish cracked, so chucked it.Looked on the breville site & see they've replaced it with a black one.So must have been lots of problems.
But funny they don't have a 'get your replacement dish' section!

stormbaby, Apr 4, 7:07am
Same here. I have a Sunbeam that I bought 2nd had 20 years ago. Hubby is a sparky, and has replaced the plug (twice) and I have had a new lid on it as well. Parts are still available, and the inner is Temuka pottery, you can use it separately, in the oven as a casserole dish. I had my Mum's Russel Hobbs one here, but there is no comparison. The old Crockpot is heavy and therefore does the job properly, which is slowly and keeping its heat. Just watch the newer models which in my opion, other than Sunbeam do not have the removable inners and are made of lighter products.

wron, Apr 4, 10:27am
We replaced our 20 yr + Ralta with a similar looking Sunbeam - but cooks much much more quickly! One of the NZ crockpot recipe books, reprinted one, original was spiral (it's up stairs cant remember writer at the moment) ,has 2 times for each recipe, 1 for the old style machines and another for the faster modern ones. Also have a Breville oval similar to fisher which was Allyson Gofton's favourite when testing for her book Slow. Quite gentle on low.

joybells2, Apr 4, 6:30pm
My Breville banquet has the white bottom but I have had it for years since they first came out and no problem with the base cracking, touch wood.

petal1955, Apr 4, 9:34pm
Oblong shape is definately the better option as you can get 2 smaller pieces of meat in there (Corned Beef)

ffloss, Apr 8, 4:52am
Have a large Russell Hobbs which I got with my flybuys points. It's excellent and great for large stews that we put in containers in the freezer. Use it all the time.

marcs, Apr 8, 1:11pm
Zip brand from Briscoes when on special. I love using it

kiwifidget, Apr 8, 8:22pm
Are some people here really complaining that there slow cookers are not fast enough?!