Warehouse BBQ-Selling other food?

melinda1, Mar 30, 8:06am
Doing an afternoon in a couple of weeks at the Warehouse. Does anybody know if you can sell othet bits- only thinking cupcakes/mini cupcakes or such as a bit of an extra? Are we able t and would it be worth it. Organiser to ask at Warehouse but thought somebody here may hvae an idea. TIA

caro25, Mar 30, 8:12am
would all have to be baked in a registered kitchenandsorry i don't no if you canyou would have to ring them i would say

duckmoon, Mar 30, 10:04am
for a one off fundraiser (like a school fair) - the food doesn't need to be cooked in a registered kitchen...
I would phone your local warehouse and talk to the staff member who makes the bookings

melinda1, Mar 31, 6:35am
Thanks Duckmoon thought similar and it is one off so will get organiser to check before the day just thought some might be tempted who don't want a sausage

melinda1, Mar 31, 8:06am
Doing an afternoon in a couple of weeks at the Warehouse. Does anybody know if you can sell othet bits- only thinking cupcakes/mini cupcakes or such as a bit of an extra! Are we able t and would it be worth it. Organiser to ask at Warehouse but thought somebody here may hvae an idea. TIA

caro25, Mar 31, 8:12am
would all have to be baked in a registered kitchenandsorry i don't no if you canyou would have to ring them i would say

macandrosie, Mar 31, 9:02am
So why does baking have to be baked in a commercial kitchen but not bbq food? What happened to good old cake stalls?! Were so PC aren't we?!, nobody ever died ofcake poisoning did they?!

duckmoon, Mar 31, 10:04am
for a one off fundraiser (like a school fair) - the food doesn't need to be cooked in a registered kitchen.
I would phone your local warehouse and talk to the staff member who makes the bookings

melinda1, Apr 1, 6:35am
Thanks Duckmoon thought similar and it is one off so will get organiser to check before the day just thought some might be tempted who don't want a sausage

melinda1, Apr 1, 7:32am
Asked our organiser but still waiting for a reply. Hoping all good as might bring in a few extra $$

kuaka, Apr 1, 7:46am
I dunno but there was a big stink here a few months back when someone dobbed in the local hospice op shop for selling home-made jams and marmalades (all of which were donated to raise funds for hospice) because they weren't being made in a "registered" kitchen.The jams and marmalades were withdrawn from sale and all the customers were very disappointed.There were letters to the editor in the local rag, and eventually the jams and marmalades were able to be sold again - I can't remember now whether the council waived the need for a registered kitchen or whether they jam makers were able to use a registered kitchen.Most of the customers claimed that nobody ever died from jam poisoning.I agree - there's too much bureaucracy now.

eagles9999, Apr 1, 8:20am
Might cut out a lot of market stalls. Suspect its just council bureacracy

macandrosie, Apr 1, 9:02am
So why does baking have to be baked in a commercial kitchen but not bbq food! What happened to good old cake stalls!! Were so PC aren't we!!, nobody ever died ofcake poisoning did they!!

melinda1, Apr 1, 8:28pm
We can still do cake stalls etc with galas so suspect it's okay here but waiting to hear

camper18, Apr 1, 9:50pm
Local area just started Market days each week in our area and the council has closed down any cooked food stalls participating and made them use the COUNCILS registered kitchen to prepare their goods (at a charge of course) if they want to continue. Frankly Melinda 1 I would rather eat a cake made in someones kitchen then wrapped, than a sausage cooked on a BBQ out in the carpark with all the dust and grime and fumes floating around and the queue coughing and spluttering while waiting.Beuracracy gone mad as usual, but its all about the golden $$$.

melinda1, Apr 1, 11:49pm
camper18 totally agree with you-how clean is a warehouse barbie? Can probably get a registered kitchen to use but may just be too much hassle if we are told that

kuaka, Apr 2, 8:46am
I dunno but there was a big stink here a few months back when someone dobbed in the local hospice op shop for selling home-made jams and marmalades (all of which were donated to raise funds for hospice) because they weren't being made in a "registered" kitchen.The jams and marmalades were withdrawn from sale and all the customers were very disappointed.There were letters to the editor in the local rag, and eventually the jams and marmalades were able to be sold again - I can't remember now whether the council waived the need for a registered kitchen or whether they jam makers were able to use a registered kitchen.Most of the customers claimed that nobody ever died from jam poisoning.I agree - there's too much bureaucracy now.

melinda1, Apr 2, 9:28pm
We can still do cake stalls etc with galas so suspect it's okay here but waiting to hear

melinda1, Apr 3, 12:49am
camper18 totally agree with you-how clean is a warehouse barbie! Can probably get a registered kitchen to use but may just be too much hassle if we are told that

macandrosie, Apr 4, 10:05am
I agree camper18 it kind of kills the purpose of Farmers Markets doesn't it when things have to be baked in 'registered' kitchens! And people frequently get food poisoning from restaurants who use "commercial" kitchens! It's a joke eh?!

macandrosie, Apr 5, 10:05am
I agree camper18 it kind of kills the purpose of Farmers Markets doesn't it when things have to be baked in 'registered' kitchens! And people frequently get food poisoning from restaurants who use "commercial" kitchens! It's a joke eh!!