Map or nespresso ?

kscott3, Mar 18, 4:19am
I am tossing up between Map or Nespresso coffee maker , any advice please ?

samanya, Mar 18, 5:17am
I don't know about the Map, but I can tell you that I have two Nespresso machines, one at work & one at home & they are great.

kscott3, Mar 18, 5:43am
Thanks , I was told by salesperson that Map capsules were stronger , whereas you may have to use 2 nespresso capsules compared to one Map for a mug of coffee . Hard to judge unless you can taste it !

dons14, Mar 18, 7:33am
I love my nespresso but Map is supposed to be very good too. Bigger capsules so you can make a bigger coffee.

natalie9, Mar 19, 11:21pm
LOVE my Nespresso, best purchase ever. Can't compare though as never heard of Map. If it's supposed to be similar then maybe go on price/style?

griffo4, Mar 20, 5:42am
Where do you buy the capsules for the map machines?
Can you buy them online?

kscott3, Mar 20, 9:06pm
Do you have a map machine ? i think you can buy them at Harvey Norman ? I know nespresso is very good , but we are used to a small mug of coffee rather than a cup , the only reason I was considering a map ?

gilligee, Mar 20, 9:22pm
Ditto.
The Nespresso shops are in Wellington and Auckland. Maybe go there to try all their flavours.

samanya, Mar 21, 12:04am
I sometime use Robert Harris capsules in my home Nespresso machine . they work OK.

socram, Mar 21, 6:42am
Why don't they do machines that can cope with a really large mug or bowl?

A triple shot in a large bowl at the local garden centre is a daily must. Not sure on the cost per shot on a Nespresso or MAP though. Unless the cups/mugs are scalded first, what I have had from friends means at best, a small, warm coffee, not a satisfyingly large hot one.

ellie04, Jun 20, 12:31am
Love love love our Nespresso - just absolutely fantastic. The range of coffees available is amazing and I just love going into the Nespresso Shop to buy the capsules - it's like walking into a candy shop! Nespresso has been one of our best kitchen buys ever!

julie28, Jun 20, 6:38am
Nespresso far better than Map

griffo4, Jun 20, 8:47am
we have a map but the pods are so expensive compared to nespresso and only available in a few places which is a pain but love the coffee and chai tea

Have not been able to buy them at Countdown or Pak n Save

schnauzer11, May 15, 3:02am
We grind fresh coffee each morning and use a plunger. Have a Nespresso at work, and it's not to my taste, stale and weak.