rice pudding

hornbychic, May 6, 7:04am
anyone have a good recipe

animas1, May 6, 7:17am
rice milk sugar and few drops vanila essence fast n yummmmmmmmy

lucy-and-ricky, May 6, 7:26am
I do mine on the stovetop. For every 1 cup of rice, use 2 cups of milk. Add sugar to taste, nutmeg, cinnamon and zest of a lemon, sultanas too. Heat on medium to low heat, stir constantly.

animas1, May 6, 7:34am
any rice pudding is great as long it is HOME MADE

cgvl, May 6, 8:24am
600ml milk (not low fat/skim) 1Tbsp sugar, 2 large Tbsp of medium or short grain rice or 3Tbsp if you use a 15ml Tbsp. or use pudding rice if you can get it, and a few drops of vanilla or lemon essence.
wash rice under running water, put all ingredients into a large oven proof dish. Sprinkle top with nutmeg or cinnamon and bake until milk absorbed and set.
Variation is to add 2 egg yolks to milk and sugar and whisk well before adding rice. When rice cooked, beat egg whites until stiff and 1-2 Tbsp sugar and pile onto rice and return to oven until meringue golden.
I also use basic recipe and cook on stove top but you do need to watch it and it takes some time.

lookingfor, May 6, 8:30am
My flatmate's mum recipe - 1/2 cup of washed rice, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 t spoon of vanilla essc, 5 cups of milk. Mix together in an oven dish - stir. Sprinkle nutmeg on top. Add 1 T spoon of butter. Cook slowly in moderate over 150c for 2 hours.

google0, Apr 6, 7:53am
Fave in our house and cooked 2times a week lately - 8tbs aborio rice (or short grain should do) 300mls cream, 300ml milk. Bring to the boil then simmer till cooked. 4tbs sugar (i use castor) 2tbs vanilla ess. Serve with choc or vanilla icecream. DIVINE!