can you make fish pie in the slow cooker?

bengals, May 5, 10:48pm
? And if so do you make your white/cheese sauce first and then put in with fish etc?

vampire10, May 5, 10:54pm
It sucks in the slow cooker. use the blind bake pastry method then and then only add what else you want. do not make the white sauce to thick and not to thin use fresh stuff and it will come out wonderful
PS. . add other stuff like crayfish etc for that xtra yummo!

bengals, May 5, 10:58pm
thank you vampire

shellbell13, May 7, 11:02am
Why would you need to make it in the slow cooker. I mix my fish with a white or cheese sauce which only takes a few mins to make and topped with mashed potatoes. Doesn't take long.

sherralynne, May 8, 5:13am
Alison Holst has a lovely recipe for fish pie in the crockpot/slow cooker. I think it's in the first slow cooker/crockpot recipe book she wrote. It's really lovely and I've made it several times.

guest, Apr 2, 10:29am
Our family foiruavte is known as lamb pie' because it is based on the recipe for a pie filling, but it has got to be a decade since I put this inside pastry, and I usually make it with beef, cos that's cheaper. But it is still lamb pie'. 1 large onion1 large leek2 sticks celery1 large carrotall trimmed and chopped in fairly chunky bits (e.g., onion in eighths), packed into the bottom of the crock. Topped with750g diced lamb/beef/whatever, then covered with400g can tomatoes1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce1/4 cup BBQ sauce1/2 cup beef stock2 cloves garlic, crushedI usually bring it on with one hour (or so) at high to get the produce up to temperature, then drop it to low for 8 hours or what ever. Microwave 1 cup of (frozen) peas and mix this through in the final 5 minutes or so. Serve with mash, or, however takes your fancy.

guest, Apr 6, 7:47am
Vognv4 esedlbwvfbto