Stick Blender

I have a mini food processor called 'little oskar' . it would be around 15+ years old & It's never missed a beat & such a strong little machine which gets used a heap. Reliable brand, I reckon.

Chef_samanya, Jan 1, 4:09 pm

Have a Barmix 25 years still going strong,Use it for breadcrumbs drinks whipping cream,pancakes,pavlova,was expensive at the time but well worth it,

Chef_mrsvonflik, Jan 1, 6:07 pm

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will take them on board when looking.

Chef_raloki, Jan 2, 7:18 am

Love my breville, it comes with a mini whiz and whisk which some part of it gets used most days now my hands are all twisted.

Chef_fifie, Jan 2, 9:19 am

My Russell Hobbs one isn't good. It comes to bits too easily and it couldn't cope with chopping cashews for bliss balls. The chopper doesn't work now which is annoying as I liked it for making hummus.

Chef_wendalls, Jan 2, 10:59 pm

Positive vote for the breville. use it more often than my f/processor. has whisk, mini processor also.

Chef_wheelz, Jan 3, 12:09 am

Hi I am looking at buying a stick blender and would like to know your recommendations as to which is the best brand. Thanks.

Chef_raloki, Jan 1, 7:24 am

Barmix
Krupps

Chef_lilyfield, Jan 1, 8:14 am

I've had a Kambrook one for the last 5 years and I can't fault it! It comes with a small mixing bowl + a blender cup.
If I wanted something a bit more powerful, then I'd get a Bamix.

Chef_suzannelg, Jan 1, 1:52 pm

We have had a bamix for quite some time, and a kenwood with a lot of attachments that even make it into a small (not tiny) food processor. Both do what they are supposed to very well, BUT . if I was looking for a plain simple stick mixer again I would go for a kambrook or similar. You can replace them half a dozen or more times for the price of a bamix

Chef_illusion_, Jan 1, 2:45 pm

This. Also it gives you an opportunity to discover if it is going to be just another appliance cluttering up valuable kitchen storage space. I have one and hardly ever use it anymore. I find my whisk and masher do most jobs just as effectively. I probably only use it for pumpkin soup and quick hollandaise sauce now so I'm glad I only bought a cheaper one.

Chef_buzzy110, Jan 1, 2:54 pm

Oops!

Chef_wasala, Jan 1, 4:04 pm

ahhhhh . looky

there's my stalker again . crikey, talk about sad

Chef_illusion_, Jan 1, 4:21 pm

Don't be sad on my account!

Chef_wasala, Jan 1, 5:25 pm

I agree.

Chef_buzzy110, Jan 1, 5:37 pm

Well, you sort of have to, don't you!

Happy New Year to you both.

Chef_wasala, Jan 1, 5:55 pm

I've been very happy with Breville. My first Breville finally gave up after about 8 years of very heavy use, I replaced it with an updated model and it's powerful and reliable. I use the mini-processor that comes with it a lot too.

Chef_davidt4, Jan 1, 6:31 pm

My wand's Electrolux and it's OK but nothing has ever worked as well as the Oskar we got for a wedding present. I really wish I'd kept it as it was still going - just old, and the Kenwood processer we have now is useless. It can't even handle crumbling gingernut biscuits for a cheesecake base!

Chef_wasala, May 22, 6:00 am

Share this thread