Gluetenfree Breakfast Cerals.

ferrit47, Dec 10, 8:46pm
Can someone please tell me what Breakfast Cerals can be found in The Supermarkets Thank you.
My wife wants go Gluetenfree & we cant find any.

onefield1, Dec 10, 9:07pm
there are plenty in the s/markets but they are highly processed and high in sugar, or have added fruit juice which is also sugar. Better to make millet or quinoa porridge, and add fruit and milk or yoghurt.

I have a couple of slices of Cassava bread or Vogel's Gluten-free bread, with a Lisa's or Pam's hummus spread on top for protein.

pommyjohn1, Dec 10, 9:30pm
Vogels make 2 types of GF muesli ,both very good

vmax2, Dec 10, 9:41pm
Or you could forget about replacing gluten with gluten free products and go for real food.Eggs is great for breakfast, or leftovers from night before, yoghurt and berries.The possibilities are endless.

ferrit47, Dec 10, 10:19pm
Excellent Help.
Keep them coming please.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 10, 10:35pm
Here's a nice one that I use in summer sometimes -
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf-breakfast-in-the-summer

uli, Dec 10, 11:40pm
"Gluetenfree" breakfasts:
Eggs fried with mushrooms and tomatoes
omelettes with cheese or spinach or mushrooms
greek yoghurt with berries (no additives)
leftovers from dinner
vegetable soup in winter

my own breakfast today was leftover seafood curry with broccoli.

lilyfield, Dec 10, 11:46pm
lol uli, mine was left over coleslaw

hesian, Dec 11, 1:20am
Hubbards do a line of gluten free cereals which are in many supermarkets.There are also others in the section of those supermarkets that do have gluten free. eg Freedom brand and other more expensive USA imports.Many Bin Inn outlets have a good range too.i agree about processing and sugar but so do ordinary cereals and it sounds like she had those before. Some alternative gluten free cereals dont use sugar but substitutes like agave or honey etc.
It depends whether she is cealiac or just cutting right back.She may still be fine with oats but if buying oat cereals she could check labels to make sure wheat isnt added.

Cutting out gluten can really help with general unwellness and hope she benefits from it.

elsielaurie1, Dec 11, 2:52am
I've just started gluten-free as well. Not because I wanted to but because I've found I've had to. This morning I made up a bowl of Real Foods Gluten Free Natural Brown Rice Flakes with Rice Milk.nothing else and it was yummy. I managed to do my usual 35min walk and by 12ish was just starting to feel hungry. I can recommend them. I bought mine at Countdown. I believe 'Quinoa' is also another good brekkie food. I have yet to try it.Good luck.

ferrit47, Dec 11, 7:52pm
Some gt ideas. Keep them rolling too.

gaspodetwd, Dec 12, 9:07am
Most are hideous.
My family like :
Eggs - in many forms
GF bacon, sausages, tomato on GF toast.
Rice porridge with sugar, maple syrup or fruit.
gf Tinned fruit with GF yoghurt
Smoothie
Corn crispbreads with honey
Mushrooms - portabello are fabulous.
Pancakes - just make with Cornflour and an extra egg.

ferrit47, Dec 15, 10:50pm
Some really Great ideas here. My Wife has been reading thru them. Anymore !

pommyjohn1, Dec 16, 10:29pm
Reduced to Clear shops are selling GF Corn Flakes cheap at $2.90

co-creations, Dec 16, 11:08pm
Yep I started a few weeks because I wanted to after seeing a documentary on tv, I have free range or organic eggs for breakfast, scrambled an omelette being protein you can last for ages with them well into the afternoon, then I usually have a greek salad with protein some sort of meat and I have the same again for tea and greek yoghurt and strawberries or something like that you feel so much better.good luck