Homemade Breakfast Muslie

richmond13, Jan 23, 9:59am
Looking for some yummy ideas for homemade Muslie please..

melford, Jan 23, 10:07am
Just made mine today. Its delicious. 4 cups rolled oats, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup sesame seeds, 1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup unsalted cashew nuts, 1 cup wheatgerm, 1 cup Kellogs All Bran.
Chop nuts then mix all the above together. Place in a large roasting dish and bake 20 minutes 150 C (stirring every 5 minutes until it has gone a light brown colour). Next mix 1/4 cup olive oil with 1 cup of runny honey and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds. To the roasted mix add 1 cup milk powder and 1 cup of sultanas. Now pour over the honey mixture. Keep in an airtight container. You can add chopped dried apricots if you wish. Enjoy

bcjordan, Jan 23, 10:10am
BITTA THIS BITTA THAT MUSELI

Oats
Manuka Honey
Orange Juice
Brown Sugar
Shredded Coconut
Orange Zest
Pinch of Cinnamon
Almonds n Walnuts
Seeds Pumpkin n Sunflower is good
Dried Fruit - Apple , Prunes , Apricot , banana, Raisins whatever
and Yoghurt NOM NOM

bcjordan, Jan 23, 10:11am
OPPPS forgot Canola Oil and bake it for 15-20 mins stir every 5 mins and wella yum as with yogurt

bcjordan, Jan 23, 10:11am
sometimes i add corn falkes

coreblimey, Jan 23, 10:14am
I like to make a Bircher style muesli or as Jamie Oliver calls it "pukkola".

I use around 2 cups of rolled oats, a large handful of sultanas, a handful of wheatgerm, a handful of pumpkin seeds.Put it in a tupperware container and add enough milk to cover.Put it into the fridge overnight so it can absorb the milk.In the morning grate in an apple and then stir in yoghurt until you get the desired consistency.Top with some fresh fruit and some sliced almonds.You can also use apple juice to soak it overnight but I generally don't have thaton hand but ALWAYS have milk.These quantities are enough to feed my family of 4.

It's pukka :)

richmond13, Feb 24, 12:06pm
Thank you everyone , it all looks delicious .