Left over roast pork - pie?

gregg74, Mar 7, 12:03am
Has anyone got an easy (less ingredients the better) pork pie recipe they could share please!

sarahb5, Mar 7, 1:54am
Jamie Oliver uses minced up leftover pork to make a version of Shepherd's Pie (I suppose it should be called "Swineherd's Pie") - mixed with tomato based pasta sauce and topped with mashed potato

purplegoanna, Mar 7, 2:11am
i just cut my pork up into really small bits and fry up some onion & garlic, add some water then add my pork and what eva veges i have on hand, once its simmered and everythings cooked i then ad a pkt of gravy mix to bind everything together and add to the pie shell and cook.

lodgelocum, Mar 7, 2:12am
Stir fry or sweet and sour pork

245sam, Mar 7, 2:24am
How about this one gregg74!The recipe uses raw pork mince but IMO there's no reason why you couldn't substitute minced or very finely chopped leftover roast pork.

COTTAGE PORK PIE
2 tbsp butter
1 onion, finely sliced
2 cooking apples, diced
2 rashers bacon, chopped
500g pork mince
¼ tsp dried sage
salt and pepper
1 tbsp flour mixed with ¼ cup water
a further ¾ cup water
1½-2 cups mashed potatoes

Melt the butter, then add the onion and cook until it is soft. Add the apples and bacon.Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the pork mince. Cook until the mince is light brown, then add the sage, salt, pepper, flour-water mix and the remaining water. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes. Place in a medium-sized casserole dish and top with the mashed potatoes.
Cook at 180°C for 20 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown.

Hope that helps.:-))

unknowndisorder, Aug 20, 5:19am
Here's how I use left over roast meat (pork, and lamb are good), for future ideas.

Put roast meat into blender, and whizz until it is chunky (not as fine as breadcrumbs), or cut it up into small pieces.

Prepare whatever salad vegies you like - lettuce, onion, tomato, carrot etc.

Grate cheese.

Put all the above into a wrap. Drizzle your favourite sauce over the cheese (it's last topping). BBQ, mayo, and sweet chilli sauce work well.

Roll up wrap, and put a large piece of tinfoil around it.

Bake in hot oven (200'C) for approx. 5 minutes - or until it reaches the heat you like.

YUMMMY!

chynna2 (648 ) -
12:12 am, Wed 21 Dec #4

unknowndisorder, Aug 20, 5:21am
Slice, put into oven proof dish, drizzle with honey, warm through in oven.
or
Sweet and Sour pork is yummy and easy -
1 small can pineapple chunks and juice
1 Small carrot grated
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup tomato juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup honey or golden syrup
1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Mix all together and cook over medium heat until thickened and sauce is shiny. Add cubes or slices of pork and stir till warmed through.

biggles45 (78 ) -
; 9:46 am, Sun 8 Jul #2