Feijoa jelly

wheelz, Apr 22, 10:18pm
I made some yesterday, it was taking forever to set up, so I added a packet of jam setting mix. Now it is too 'set', do you think if I put it back in the pot with some added water, it would be less set!

vomo2, Apr 22, 10:30pm
next time add juice of 2 lemons. That will set it. In the meantime, I would pop it in the microwave with extra water, stir every couple of minutes to make it more like jelly not concrete.

wheelz, Apr 22, 10:40pm
It did have juice 2 lemons, I guess I was just impatient, it would have been perfect if I hadn't of added the setting mix.

m41, Apr 23, 9:50am
wheelzmay i have your recipe please !

roddie1971, Apr 23, 10:01am
m41 wrote:
wheelzmay i have your recipe please ![/quote+1

roddie1971, Apr 23, 10:01am
is it a jam!

wheelz, Apr 23, 10:47am
no a jelly, i don't like the 'grittiness' of feijoa jam, so found a jelly. will post tomorrow as bed is calling.

wheelz, Apr 23, 10:08pm
feijoa jelly
1.5 kg feijoas - 120g glace ginger - juice & zest 3 lemons - Chop feijoas, skin on. Place in pot with waterto cover. Bring to boil and simmer 45-50 mins till pulpy. Transfer to jelly bag and drain. Do not squeeze. Measure juice and add 3/4 c sugar to each cup of juice.Stir until sugar dissolved. Bring to boil , boil rapidly until a setting test is given . Bottle.

wheelz, Apr 23, 10:55pm
don't be put off by the colour of the liquid when the fruit is strained, upon boiling, it changes to a nice rosy amber. My first attempt, I threw out, thinking, no way do I want to eat jelly of a khaki colour! What a waste that was.

guest, Jan 11, 10:37am
I really wish there were more arctiles like this on the web.

guest, Jan 13, 1:50pm
Wow, well, have you called the irsanunce company where you insure the car? That's probably the BEST place to get the gap from. Although they won't cover any negative equity rolled into the loan.Besides that, either drive very, very carefully for the next three years, or sell the car/cancel the deal even if it costs you. Sounds like it's going to cost you about three times what it should, anyway.

guest, Jan 14, 9:59am
fru a, ja visst e4r hon!s, life is indeed usidpe down and downside up.yaelian, ve4ldigt gullig och rolig e4r hon.frkn l, jo, de5 binder man en sjal runt huvudet se5 att kon alt. bruden inte ser, och sen me5ste hon jaga fatt dom andra deltagarna med ff6rbundna f6gon och fe5nga dom. den man fe5ngar ff6rst blir givetvis ko. eller brud.sophie, can you mail me your new address? maybe on thursday or on friday we can phone? or saturday? during the week i will travel up and down to tel aviv...me to wanna talk. kisslovekiss