Country calendar fish and oysters chowder recipe!

ella42, Aug 12, 10:12pm
Has anyone got this! I heard the recipe on the radio while I was driving the other day - but can't for the life of me remember it. If anyone hasit - it is in the book Allyson Gofton has just put out (which I will buy eventually!) I'd really appreciate.it.

rainrain1, Aug 12, 10:20pm
Yes it is in her book, which I am about to rush away and buy, didn't it sound beautiful!There will be some ground roots recipes in that book I would think.Kiwi recipes and all that !

ella42, Aug 12, 10:30pm
it did lol. and I do want it, but I have a potluck dinner tonight and I thought this might go well - so if you can pop it in here for me, I'd really appreciate it!

aw217, Aug 12, 10:33pm
is this the one!
Blue cod and Bluff oyster chowder
350 to 400 grams blue cod
12 to 14 bluff oysters(halved if wished)
1 tsp minced garlic
125 grams butter
1/4 cup flour
2 to 2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
cut the cod into chunky pieces. place in a large fry pan with the oysters, garlic and half the butter.cook over low heat until the edges of the seafood just begin to curl up.
remove the seafood and set aside.
add remaining butter to the pan and melt. stir in te flour and cook for 1 minuteuntil frothy.gradually add the milk to make a smooth sauce.
cook, stiring over a low heat until thickened to the consistency of pouring cream.
add more milk if needed.
return the seafood to the pan and season with pepper.stir in the cream and parsley just before serving.serve immediately before the seafood has a chance to go tough.

rainrain1, Aug 12, 10:33pm
Sorry, but I won't be back in time to post the recipe :-(

245sam, Aug 12, 10:35pm
ella42, allyson made that chowder on Good Morning yesterday so the recipe can also be found at:-

http://tvnz.co.nz/good-morning/blue-cod-and-bluff-oyster-chowder-4342708

Yesterday Allyson also made on Good Morning:-
Relish and Bacon Pinwheel Scones, Relish Roasted Mutton/Lamb, Boysenberry and Mascarpone Gratin, and the recipes for those are also available on the GM website.:-))

rainrain1, Aug 12, 10:36pm
Note it has no vegetables in it, which makes it sooooo good.Real true blue chowder

rainrain1, Aug 12, 10:49pm
the relish and bacon pinwheel scone recipe has been around for years

fifie, Aug 12, 11:14pm
yum this sounds good, oysters are cheap here at mo might have to make some thanks for sharing.

ella42, Aug 13, 12:41am
Thanks heaps, especially to aw217 - that was the recipe I wanted!

gkt, Aug 13, 11:54pm
would this work using blue cod anda tin of shrimps or just bluecod or would it be a bit tasteless

fifie, Aug 27, 12:57am
Made this chowder recipe yesterday, its top of the pops in my book iv'e made a few different recipes in my day but this takes some beating. Not cheap to make but DEVINE! real true seafood tasting.