My first wedding cake!!

Page 1 / 2
fester7, May 17, 3:02am
Oh that is totally awesome!!...but don't ask me what they are worth.I got married 18 years ago and any cakes I do are gifts lol

fishergrl, May 17, 3:09am
Thanks :)Mine have all been gifts too but I am wondering if I can turn my hobby into a business.I am heading into my families birthday season so thought it would be a good opportunity to work on my portfolio as I will be making 7 cakes in the next couple of months.

babytears, May 17, 3:11am
Wow.. that's awesome... I love it! I guess you've worked out the costings, add labour cost and some profit. I haven't seen a wedding cake like this, it's quite quirky... nice!

fishergrl, May 17, 3:36am
cheers :) without adding any profit markup and working at $15p/h plus material costs it puts it at around the $300 mark - does that seem unreasonable?

lizab, May 17, 4:17am
oh I LOVE the figures you've made - great work!!!!! :)

rainrain1, May 17, 4:31am
That's gorgeously gorgeous,

huggy5, May 17, 5:04am
I would say $300 would be reasonable, I can't remember how much wedding cakes were when I was planning but I'm sure they were around $300-$600.
Edited to add.. and it's absolutely gorgeous too!

rosathemad, May 17, 10:08am
$300 sounds reasonable for your cake - I would have suggested about that. It's stunning, love it!

vintagekitty, May 17, 10:33am
I would be happy to pay $350 ish. Its amazing, you are so clever. Loving the fact its just that wee bit different.

are the people edible?

fishergrl, May 17, 10:55am
Thanks for the feedback :)
No the people aren't edible, they are made with polymer clay so my friend can add them to her doll collection.

jag5, May 17, 8:26pm
Brilliant cake....just love it the quirkiness of it.Price....wedding cakes go for exorbitant amounts of money...have seen them up to $2000.$300 - $400 is not unreasonable at all.Good luck with your venture.

maitredee, May 18, 12:41am
Your cakes are cheap, I got married in 1976 back then mine cost $300.00...lol

fester7, May 18, 3:02am
Oh that is totally awesome!.but don't ask me what they are worth.I got married 18 years ago and any cakes I do are gifts lol

fishergrl, May 18, 3:09am
Thanks :)Mine have all been gifts too but I am wondering if I can turn my hobby into a business.I am heading into my families birthday season so thought it would be a good opportunity to work on my portfolio as I will be making 7 cakes in the next couple of months.

I should add that the figures on top I made with polymer clay so they can be kept and displayed.

babytears, May 18, 3:11am
Wow. that's awesome. I love it! I guess you've worked out the costings, add labour cost and some profit. I haven't seen a wedding cake like this, it's quite quirky. nice!

fishergrl, May 18, 3:36am
cheers :) without adding any profit markup and working at $15p/h plus material costs it puts it at around the $300 mark - does that seem unreasonable!

lizab, May 18, 4:17am
oh I LOVE the figures you've made - great work! :)

rainrain1, May 18, 4:31am
That's gorgeously gorgeous,

huggy5, May 18, 5:04am
I would say $300 would be reasonable, I can't remember how much wedding cakes were when I was planning but I'm sure they were around $300-$600.
Edited to add. and it's absolutely gorgeous too!

rosathemad, May 18, 10:08am
$300 sounds reasonable for your cake - I would have suggested about that. It's stunning, love it!

books4nz, May 18, 10:19am
At a wedding recently, they had a three tier cake with the tops angled as yours are - the icing was the colour of Smurfs - that strong blue. On top were two smurfs, with the hair for the lady a mass of ginger curls - just like the bride.
One layer was chocolate fudge, another banana and the other a lighter chocolate cake. They tasted gooood!!!!

vintagekitty, May 18, 10:33am
I would be happy to pay $350- $400 ish. Its amazing, you are so clever. Loving the fact its just that wee bit different.

are the people edible!

fishergrl, May 18, 10:55am
Thanks for the feedback :)
No the people aren't edible, they are made with polymer clay so my friend can add them to her doll collection.

jag5, May 18, 8:26pm
Brilliant cake.just love it the quirkiness of it.Price.wedding cakes go for exorbitant amounts of money.have seen them up to $2000.$300 - $400 is not unreasonable at all.Good luck with your venture.

maitredee, May 19, 12:41am
Your cakes are cheap, I got married in 1976 back then mine cost $300.00.lol