Wedding Cake

andmj, Oct 21, 5:59am
Hi there, I am getting married in March and need someone to make our wedding cake. Looking at the HBC or Warkworth area, can anyone help? Thank you:)

cookessentials, Oct 21, 6:03am
We used cake Couture who are in Glen Eden. We are in the Wairarapa and our best man bought it down in an insulated chest. It was delicious,very simple 10 inch round with Swarovski crystal band above a lilac ribbon and a fresh Paeony on the top.

cookessentials, Oct 21, 6:04am
Here is their site. Thea Poole is the lady to speak with and she is very approachable.

http://www.cakecouture.co.nz/weddings/index.html

cookessentials, Oct 21, 6:06am
We had citrus madeira which was really tasty and fresh.

andmj, Oct 21, 6:49am
Thank you cookessentials, have emailed her about our wedding cake.

cookessentials, Oct 21, 8:14am
Good luck...not that you will need it. You can call in and see her and she has heaps of fab ideas too. Sorry, I did see you wanted HBC or Warkworth, but I dont know of anythinf over that way. Used to live on the North Shore and I did use the City Cake Co for husbands Birthday...personally, I thought they were expensive and although the cake looked fabulous, the cake itselff was pretty tasteless. I padi about $170 for it at the time...this would have beensix years ago. Our wedding cake cost the same, however, the Swarovski crystal "band" was $70 per meter and we used just under the 1 metre,so that took the price up a little,but I was very happy with it.

andmj, Oct 21, 9:28am
Her wedding cakes looks so beautiful and would be worth the trip. Really appreciate all of your advice on this site, has saved our dinner numerous times :)

cookessentials, Jun 15, 2:16pm
You are very welcome. Hope you have a lovely wedding day and let us know what your cake is like!