How long will home made vege soup last

ourlotnz, May 16, 6:13am
in the fridge?I made up a large pot last Sunday (week ago) and have been using it during the week but still have some left.Would it still be OK to have it now or should I throw it out?I usually make it and freeze it but never got around to it this time.

eastie3, May 16, 6:35am
I wouldn't eat soup after 8 days,even if it was boiled hard.Better safe than sorry,as it only takes one mouthful to make you sick.

holly-rocks, May 16, 6:42am
I wouldn't eat it either!

leebee35, May 16, 6:51am
You will be able to see or smell if it's turned.If it's a bit like glue and seems slimythrow it away. Plus if you have used onions, leafy veggies it's a no no.

ourlotnz, May 16, 8:00am
OK, thanks for the advice everyone...out it goes!

kiwiscrapper1, May 16, 9:08am
especially if you added dried peas or lentils they go off very quickly, it also gets a sour smell..I would feed it to the chooks if you have any!

purplegoanna, May 16, 10:30am
i freeze 3/4's of mine in polystyrene cups then once frozen take out of cups and store in ziplock bags....then when we need a cup of soup for lunch u just pop a cup sized frozen amounts into your cup and heat in microwave

asue, May 16, 8:58pm
about 3 or 4 days in fridge. only reheat what you are going to eat - otherwise throw out. I freeze mine as soon as cold tho.Over a week far too long - throw out

ourlotnz, May 17, 6:13am
in the fridge!I made up a large pot last Sunday (week ago) and have been using it during the week but still have some left.Would it still be OK to have it now or should I throw it out!I usually make it and freeze it but never got around to it this time.

eastie3, May 17, 6:35am
I wouldn't eat soup after 8 days,even if it was boiled hard.Better safe than sorry,as it only takes one mouthful to make you sick.

holly-rocks, May 17, 6:42am
I wouldn't eat it either!

leebee35, May 17, 6:51am
You will be able to see or smell if it's turned.If it's a bit like glue and seems slimythrow it away. Plus if you have used onions, leafy veggies it's a no no.

ourlotnz, May 17, 8:00am
OK, thanks for the advice everyone.out it goes!

kiwiscrapper1, May 17, 9:08am
especially if you added dried peas or lentils they go off very quickly, it also gets a sour smell.I would feed it to the chooks if you have any!

purplegoanna, May 17, 10:30am
i freeze 3/4's of mine in polystyrene cups then once frozen take out of cups and store in ziplock bags.then when we need a cup of soup for lunch u just pop a cup sized frozen amounts into your cup and heat in microwave

uli, May 18, 6:05am
How have you been "using" it?
I would cook it up every 3 days and then fridge it again.

nauru, May 18, 12:24pm
I agree with other posters, bin it. I only keep in the fridge if I'm going to use it in a couple of days of making it. I usually freeze any leftover soup into portions for later use.

nauru, May 19, 12:24pm
I agree with other posters, bin it. I only keep in the fridge if I'm going to use it in a couple of days of making it. I usually freeze any leftover soup into portions for later use.