Wonton soup question?

miss-skyline, Dec 12, 11:01pm
does anyone know what you mix in with the pork mix to make them softwhen you bite into them.mine seem 2 cum out tough i want mine to be soft like the ones you get at takeaways?

levintofu, Dec 12, 11:11pm
eggs and sesame oil, chives or scallions a little soy and salt

if your pork is super fine mince and is a little dry a splash of beer goes great too

miss-skyline, Dec 12, 11:31pm
hi there, i make mine with pork mince,oyster sauce,spring onion,1 egg & 1tsp of cornflour s&p, the texture of the meat part once cooked seems tough i was just wondering if theres sumthing im leaving out.they taste good tho.for the soup part i add 1x sachet of wonton soup flavouring and spring onion a dash of sesme oil and add a bit of brocolli

taniajane, Dec 12, 11:51pm
Marinate, mix 3/4t salt, 1/4 suger 1/4 white pepper 1T cornflour 1t soy sauce 1 egg 1 t sesame oil.
Add pork mince, chopped water chestnuts and or bamboo shoots and or shrimp.
i like mine with just the water chestnuts.Yum!

tarankyle, Dec 13, 12:53am
how do you make the soup part?

miss-skyline, Dec 13, 1:27am
[

quote=tarankyle]how do you make the soup part?[/quote]

i use the wonton soup sachets you buy from asian shop and add spring onion,dash of seseme oil and and a slash of soya sauce and some brocolli bring to the boil and add wontons and boil until they rise to the surface aprox 8 mins.

taniajane, Dec 13, 2:06am
i make a huge batch and freeze for later use.i wouldnt cook them in the soup, just with the starch that they release as they cook.
I use a chicken broth as my soup base, heat add bok choy cooked/frozen wonton, some BBQ pork or shrimp and noodles all up takes about 3 min from heating the broth to ladleing into bowls.

hestia, Oct 23, 1:52am
Basic seasonings for wontons are cornflour, soy sauce, salt and white pepper. No need to use egg. Mix everything together, and then you have three options:

1) Use minced shrimp as well - the shrimp makes the wontons less "meaty".

2) Stir the meat mixture vigorously in the bowl.

3) Throw the mixture - pick up the meat mixture in both hands and throw it back into the bowl. Do this several times.

Then leave the mixture to marinate for a while, and then make your wontons.