Baked pumpkin and cream recipe lost :(

julmar, Mar 18, 11:12pm
we have a recipe book missing since we moved. I think it might be radio and tc cookbook, similar. has a red spine from memory. Inside there is a baked pumpkin in cream recipe, ing inc brown sugar from memory. If anyone has it and could post the ingredients it would be appreciated. It is kind of like potato bake and makes a creamy sauce amongst the sliced pumpkin. Have to pop out. will check later. thanks

sherralynne, Mar 19, 12:22am
Hi Julie-Anne, I found this recipe, hope this is the one you're looking for!

http://www.lifestyleblock.co.nz/vforum/archive/index.php/t-18398.html

julmar, Mar 19, 2:28am
thanks sherralynne. Not the same one but really looks good just the same.. yum. Thanks for that

sherralynne, Mar 19, 3:54am
No problem Julie-Ann.I used Google if you want to search for more recipes.Good luck!:-)

sclaredy_cat, Mar 19, 5:06am
I know the one, my mother makes it. I will have a think about where I might have the recipe and post again later if I find it

korbo, Mar 19, 9:59am
funny about this, just said to my hubby this morning, wish i knew where MY recipe was for the same recipe. I think you sliced the pumpkin thin, put it in rows in an oblong dish then cream over top, BUT there were a couple of other ingredients and have no idea what they are.
hope someone can help

sherralynne, Mar 20, 12:22am
Hi Julie-Anne, I found this recipe, hope this is the one you're looking for!

http://www.lifestyleblock.co.nz/vforum/archive/index.php/t-18398.html

julmar, Mar 20, 2:28am
thanks sherralynne. Not the same one but really looks good just the same. yum. Thanks for that

245sam, Mar 20, 4:05am
x1
Maybe the recipe you're all wanting is the following one from Alison Holst's book "Alison Holst Cooks"??

PUMPKIN IN CREAM
"Rich and particularly food when made with floury pumpkin" - Alison

400g-500g pumpkin, cut into slices or cubes
saltandpepper
about ½ cup cream
about ¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp gingeror cinnamon

Pack the pumpkin pieces tightly into an ovenproof dish.Sprinkle the pumpkin with salt and pepper, then pour the cream over and around the pumpkin.
Mix the brown sugar and ginger or cinnamon (I haven't tried this with the ginger but I can vouch for the cinnamon being really yummy and popular), then sprinkle the spiced sugar over the pumpkin.Cover the dish.
Bake at180°Cfor about 1 hour, or until the pumpkin is tender [or microwave on HIGH for 6-10 minutes].
Note:Floury pumpkin needs no thickening.Coat early season pumpkin with flour before adding the other ingredients.:-))

Edited to add: sorry I couldn't post the recipe earlier but we have just returned home after being away for the weekend - hopefully the recipe is not too late for someone to enjoy it.:-))

245sam, Mar 21, 4:05am
Maybe the recipe you're all wanting is the following one from Alison Holst's book "Alison Holst Cooks"!

PUMPKIN IN CREAM
"Rich and particularly food when made with floury pumpkin" - Alison

400g-500g pumpkin, cut into slices or cubes
saltandpepper
about ½ cup cream
about ¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp gingeror cinnamon

Pack the pumpkin pieces tightly into an ovenproof dish.Sprinkle the pumpkin with salt and pepper, then pour the cream over and around the pumpkin.
Mix the brown sugar and ginger or cinnamon (I haven't tried this with the ginger but I can vouch for the cinnamon being really yummy and popular), then sprinkle the spiced sugar over the pumpkin.Cover the dish.
Bake at180°Cfor about 1 hour, or until the pumpkin is tender [or microwave on HIGH for 6-10 minutes].
Note:Floury pumpkin needs no thickening.Coat early season pumpkin with flour before adding the other ingredients.:-))

Edited to add: sorry I couldn't post the recipe earlier but we have just returned home after being away for the weekend - hopefully the recipe is not too late for someone to enjoy it.:-))