Fresh tuna

Page 2 / 2
fisher, Mar 16, 1:53am
Adobo Tuna
Ingredients:
1/3 cup fresh lime juice.. 1/2 tsp dried oregano.. 1/2 tsp ground cumin.. 1/4 tsp salt..4 garlic cloves, minced.. 4 tuna 1/2inch thick steaks..1 tsp olive oil..1 tsp cracked pepper..cooking spray..lime slices, optional...
Method:
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large shallow dish and add fish, immediately turning to coat... Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning fish occasionally.
Preheat cast iron pan till hot..Remove fish from dish, discarding marinade. Brush oil over fish; sprinkle with pepper.. Place fish on cast iron pan coated with cooking spray;grill 4 minutes or until medium-rare (do not turn). Garnish with lime slices, if desired....

rainrain1, Mar 16, 5:27am
I always imagine fresh cooked tuna would taste oily and horrid.Can anyone explain what it might taste like! Compare to another fish perhaps.I'm just curious that's all

rainrain1, Mar 16, 5:44am
really that's interesting, doesn't LOOK like it would taste like chicken breast.

goldgurl, Mar 16, 7:51pm
if it's super fresh I'd have it sashimi style.or hawaiian style done in a little sesame oil, chilli and kikoman sauce YUMMY!

Otherwise I like it done 'plain' like Davidt4 says, with a nice side salad.

rainrain1, Mar 16, 8:15pm
It sure doesn't taste like chicken out of a can.I'd love to try it fresh, but I have never seen it in fish shops down this way.Swap ya a tuna for a lamb!

farmers, Mar 16, 10:29pm
Thanks everyone!They caught another 10 yesterday lol.

beaker59, Mar 16, 11:43pm
So I assume you have eaten somealready what did you do with it and how did it come out!

goldgurl, Mar 16, 11:51pm
it freezes well to remember.It's all I ever bring back from the Islands when I go over :)

fisher, Mar 17, 1:45am
Tuna on Bacon and Potato
Chunky bacon.2 small red onions.extra virgin olive oil.baby spuds, skin on.chives.red wine vinegar.aioli.
Pre boil the potatoes until nice and just tender slice into chunky pieces and set aside. To a hot frypan add some extra virgin olive oil.
Add the finely diced red onions and sauté for a few minutes and then add the chunky bacon pieces. Add salt and fresh ground black pepper.
When the bacon is nicely browned, add the potato pieces and toss to heat through. Add 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar,taste test. more salt and ground pepper. Add 2 - 3 tbsp of fresh chopped chives and mix through.
Coat your tuna steaks with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Cook until nicely browned each side and pink in the middle.
Plate up bacon and potato mix and add tuna steak on top. Place one tbsp of aioli on top of each tuna steak.

fisher, Mar 17, 1:47am
Pan Fried Spiced Tuna ~ skin on.
Make a baste/sauce.
1/4 cup lime juice.2 tbsp vegetable oil. 1/4 tsp ground ginger.1/4 cup soy sauce. 1~2 garlic cloves, minced.
In a frypan, place butter and a drizzle of oil and lay your tuna steak skin side down.brush with the sauce mix
You will see the tuna cooking as the heat progresses and when it reaches 1/3 of the way up, turn it over.baste the other side with sauce mix.
Let cook till 1/3 way up and then pour in half the sauce mix.Let sauce heat up and baste a few times to coat well.rest a minute or two and serve hot.
Use the other half of the sauce mix to drizzle over top.should be pink inside the middle .dont over cook

fisher, Mar 17, 1:53am
Adobo Tuna
Ingredients:
1/3 cup fresh lime juice. 1/2 tsp dried oregano. 1/2 tsp ground cumin. 1/4 tsp salt.4 garlic cloves, minced. 4 tuna 1/2inch thick steaks.1 tsp olive oil.1 tsp cracked pepper.cooking spray.lime slices, optional.
Method:
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large shallow dish and add fish, immediately turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning fish occasionally.
Preheat cast iron pan till hot.Remove fish from dish, discarding marinade. Brush oil over fish; sprinkle with pepper. Place fish on cast iron pan coated with cooking spray;grill 4 minutes or until medium-rare (do not turn). Garnish with lime slices, if desired.

gummybear73, Mar 22, 8:55am
Roast it, cut head and tail off and roast like you would a chicken