Molten's sesame salt and pepper squid with ....

motorbo, Mar 13, 1:00am
cucumber, peanut relish and chilli manuka honey, this was on Kerre woodhams breaky show last sunday, i made it last night, but i didnt make the chilli honey (i will next time) apart from the manuka honey this is not expensive to make as frozen squid tubes are cheap as.,anyways this was delish beyond!! i made too much of the relish and found it so tasty i added it to my salad for lunch today and added the rest to my coleslaw for this weeks lunches, i like to share recipes i like and this IS GLUTEN FREE.
Chilli honey

1.5 cups white wine vinegar

1 cup caster sugar

1 red chillies, seeds removed and finely sliced

75 grams manuka honey

Put all but honey into a medium pot, bring to the boil and then simmer gently until reduced by one-third.

Remove from heat and add the honey. Allow to cool to room temperature.

The mixture should be the same consistency as super glue; if it's too thick, add a little hot water
Peanut relish
½ red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
½ cucumber, seeds removed and finely-diced
½ small red onion, finely-diced
6 sticks coriander, chopped
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
1 Tb of olive oil
1 pinch of chilli powder
Salt and pepper to taste
The juice of ½a lemon to taste

Combine all ingredients and set aside

Squid mix

125 gms cornflour
125 grams rice flour
1 TB salt
1/2 TB white pepper
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1tsp white sesame seeds

Mix everything together in a large bowl.
Store in an air-tight container

Squid
8 squid tubes
Cut one side down each squid tube and open it out (like a book.)
Cut off the lumpy ends to form a neat rectangle.Score both sides on a 45 degree angle.Cut each tube into four equal-sized triangles, dredge through squid mix and deep fry for 30 - 45 seconds at 180 degrees C. If you don't have a deep fryer you can easily shallow fry in rice bran oil.
(Serves four)

motorbo, Mar 13, 5:22am
bump cos someone might like it!!

motorbo, Mar 14, 1:00am
cucumber, peanut relish and chilli manuka honey, this was on Kerre woodhams breaky show last sunday, i made it last night, but i didnt make the chilli honey (i will next time) apart from the manuka honey this is not expensive to make as frozen squid tubes are cheap as.,anyways this was delish beyond! i made too much of the relish and found it so tasty i added it to my salad for lunch today and added the rest to my coleslaw for this weeks lunches, i like to share recipes i like and this IS GLUTEN FREE.
Chilli honey

1.5 cups white wine vinegar

1 cup caster sugar

1 red chillies, seeds removed and finely sliced

75 grams manuka honey

Put all but honey into a medium pot, bring to the boil and then simmer gently until reduced by one-third.

Remove from heat and add the honey. Allow to cool to room temperature.

The mixture should be the same consistency as super glue; if it's too thick, add a little hot water
Peanut relish
½ red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
½ cucumber, seeds removed and finely-diced
½ small red onion, finely-diced
6 sticks coriander, chopped
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
1 Tb of olive oil
1 pinch of chilli powder
Salt and pepper to taste
The juice of ½a lemon to taste

Combine all ingredients and set aside

Squid mix

125 gms cornflour
125 grams rice flour
1 TB salt
1/2 TB white pepper
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
1tsp white sesame seeds

Mix everything together in a large bowl.
Store in an air-tight container

Squid
8 squid tubes
Cut one side down each squid tube and open it out (like a book.)
Cut off the lumpy ends to form a neat rectangle.Score both sides on a 45 degree angle.Cut each tube into four equal-sized triangles, dredge through squid mix and deep fry for 30 - 45 seconds at 180 degrees C. If you don't have a deep fryer you can easily shallow fry in rice bran oil.
(Serves four)

motorbo, Mar 14, 5:22am
bump cos someone might like it!