Annabel Langbein's Red Pepper Sauce recipe ...

winnie231, Feb 28, 7:58am
Could you share the recipe if you have it please?
I understand it's in her 'Best of' book. Thanks!

cookessentials, Feb 28, 8:30am
Is this the one winnie?

Red Pepper Sauce
Prep15 minutes
Cook1 ¼ hours
Makes6 medium jars

This brilliant red sauce is so useful. Its sweet spicy flavour makes a terrific partner for cooked chicken or lamb as well as pasta. Thinned with vinaigrette it makes a sparky dressing.

16-20 red or yellow peppers
2 cups cider or rice vinegar
2 cups white wine vinegar
6 cups sugar
1 tsp salt

Remove seeds and roughly chop peppers. Put in a large heavy saucepan with cider or rice vinegar and white wine vinegar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Transfer to food processor and process until smooth. Return juice to washed saucepan, add sugar and salt and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Gradually bring to the boil and simmer very gently for a further 15-20 minutes until lightly thickened. Ladle into warm, sterilised glass containers or jars and seal while hot.
From Annabel’s book, The Best of Annabel Langbein: Great Food for Busy Lives.

cookessentials, Feb 28, 8:31am
I just Googled "Annabel Langbeins red pepper sauce recipe"and her books come up with some of the recipes.

winnie231, Feb 28, 8:30pm
Thanks Pam - I guess it's the right recipe.
I was served some lovely pepper sauce while I was in Nelson & on inquiring about the recipe, was told it was from Annabel Langbein.
My neighbour grows peppers commercially & swaps them with me for eggs so I need 101 ways to preserve them!

*edited to say - I did a quick google last night but my tired eyes didn't see it so thanks again!

cookessentials, Feb 28, 10:43pm
It came from her book - great food for busy lives, so I guess it would be the one. Here is the link http://www.annabel-langbein.co.nz/gardenCapsicums.html

vinee, Feb 28, 10:50pm
I've had something like this poured on a turned out tub of cream cheese (aka chilly philly styles).
The recipe I have makes enough for one serve.
It is amazinly simple and YUMMY!

winnie231, Feb 28, 11:45pm
vinee - please share the recipe ...

245sam, Feb 28, 11:49pm
Hi Rae, have a look at the recipe on this link:-

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=107499

I haven't tried that recipe yet but it sure looks like a good and easy homemade alternative to the bought chilly philly.

Was it this last Friday that you had your appointment? If so, how did it go?
All the best, Shirley.

winnie231, Mar 1, 12:58am
Thanks Shirley ... I tried that one. It was very nice & a hit with my book club.
As for my hand - more frustration!
I'm having another op on it - hopefully this month if the paperwork moves fast enough ... otherwise it'll be April.

vinee, Mar 1, 7:01pm
I can't find mine! It looks like that one 245sam has a link for, but I didn't put in the tumeric.
It would go a funny colour, I think.
Also you could put in more or less chilli to taste. Mine wasn't hot, which is how I like it, butyou could rev it up if you choose.

winnie231, Mar 2, 8:25am
Well - thanks for looking vinee!
The recipe from kermitnz1 works fine & I would make it again.